Thread: Introducing myself

Introducing myself

Hi everyone

Just a quick post to introduce myself.

Long time airgunner 45+ years. Fan of springers, especially Brummie Webley's.

Live in York but a Sheffield lad.

I have a Webley Vulcan .22, Welsh Willy kit/spring, highly tuned trigger, shortened barrel (11 inches) with a bonded V-mach mod, adjustable butt plate, beautiful gun, shoots 5p sized groups at 25yrds.

Webley Tracker, Walnut stock, custom mod and Carbon barrel shroud, gas ram (yes it does work, beautifully in fact), tuned trigger, adjustable butt pad, lapped loading tap & running at 8 ft lbs with .22 Hobby's which suits it perfectly.

Hope to learn more about the sport because even with 45yrs experience there is always more to learn, especially with Spingers.

Cheers.

Welcome to the forum buddy. Watch out for the "wine rack" lovers (Weihrauch) on here (tony yes its you) to be honest you have joined a fabulous forum, Although a few lump wristed german engineering lovers will try to convince you to have a hw in your gunrack you must resist the temptation. they are not a bad bunch on here to be fair apart from a few arthur daley sheep skin wearing typeshope you enjoy being part of the nuthouse. Chris

Welcome aboard matey
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Hi and a very warm welcome.

That sounds like a very nice pair of Webleys you have there. Be great to see you at a future Boinger Bash one day when times are safer and more normal.

In the meantime, enjoy the forum. Lots of nice people on here and we look forward to your contributions.

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    Welcome to the forum buddy. Watch out for the "wine rack" lovers (Weihrauch) on here (tony yes its you) to be honest you have joined a fabulous forum, Although a few lump wristed german engineering lovers will try to convince you to have a hw in your gunrack you must resist the temptation. they are not a bad bunch on here to be fair apart from a few arthur daley sheep skin wearing typeshope you enjoy being part of the nuthouse. Chris
    Well said Chris.

At least our new esteemed gentleman has the love for British engineering

Welcome aboard and yes please do watch out for Tony and the baloney he speaks, he'll lull you into a false sense of security with his "I have a BSA" and then toss it aside and force you to worship that German muck that has managed to find itself to our shores

Stick to your guns (excuse the pun) and don't give in.

ATB

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Hi and a very warm welcome.

That sounds like a very nice pair of Webleys you have there. Be great to see you at a future Boinger Bash one day when times are safer and more normal.

In the meantime, enjoy the forum. Lots of nice people on here and we look forward to your contributions.

BOING!
    Damn it, he snuck in before me

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Wahay!

As you say, Pete, just lulling our lovely fresh newbie into a false sense of security and then.....kabam!

Hope you're keeping well, my friend.

And, just to warm your cockles, the last two rifles that have enjoyed plinky times in the back garden have been the Mercury S and the Supersport.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Enjoy fella.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Welcome to a great, wonderful, informative forum. There is a wealth of information on here from a membership with very wide experience of all aspects of our 'sport'. Feel free to chip in with your views to expand the knowledge base.
    Again, welcome.
    Cheers, Phil

welcome to a great forum great members on here,and always willing to help

Wahay!

As you say, Pete, just lulling our lovely fresh newbie into a false sense of security and then.....kabam!

Hope you're keeping well, my friend.

And, just to warm your cockles, the last two rifles that have enjoyed plinky times in the back garden have been the Mercury S and the Supersport.
    I'm fine Tone, hope you're in good health as well my friend.

Are you feeling a bit guilty and feel the need for some Beeza love

Go careful on the newbie please mate, we don't want to scare him off already

Pete

All good, thank you, Pete.

Those BSAs are just more easily and quickly accessible, so when the opportunity for an impromptu quick plink presents itself, they're the ones I tend to grab, saving the others for more "special occasions" and longer range duties.

All good, thank you, Pete.

Those BSAs are just more easily and quickly accessible, so when the opportunity for an impromptu quick plink presents itself, they're the ones I tend to grab, saving the others for more "special occasions" and longer range duties.
    I see, good to know you don't forget about them

I have a tendency to do the same now, I love shooting my .25 Supersport more than the Prosport for plinking sessions, much easier and quicker to load but the .25 ammo prices kind of puts you off having too many sessions

Pete

Yep, know what you mean with pellet prices and the high cost of the .25 is one of the factors that would put me off (for plinking). With price rises in recent times even .22 is proving quite costly now and I'd prefer to use .177 for all non-hunting applications. Oops.....might start something off there! I suppose the affordability side of things will be down to different people's perspectives and financial positions.......