Thread: SKB paperwork

SKB paperwork

With thanks to my friend in Tokyo, Shimizu San.

As very little is known about this brand, I thought it would be good to share on here. Also some Sharp and Heirinkan folders.

Cheers, Louis

Very Sheridan Super Grade-y. Apparently the valve design is an exact copy

Wow Louis - you really are finding some lovely airguns from Japan.
    I am very impressed with both your tenacious spirit to seek them out and your resilience to the hurdles in getting them back to your home. Long may it continue

That's a lot of info on a rifle that most of us have never heard of.

Did you add that silver SKB to your Japanese Collection?

Thank you for your kind words, Mark.
    My four boxed NOS Sharp airguns have finally arrived at Schiphol Airport. Now I need to wait for customs clearance. Perhaps the most stressful part of the 1.5 year wait, but they are legal, so it should be ok.

@James, the SKB from the manual is indeed super rare. One American member on here has one. It is on Danny's great VAGF.
    Apparently it is heavily inspired by the Sheridan Super Grade.

I have indeed bought the SKB that was offered a few weeks ago. The seller kindly sent it to my friend Steven in Nottinghamshire.
    The American SKB owner thinks it isn't an SKB. I must agree with him that it does not appear on any of the SKB paperwork.

When Steven receives the gun, it will be interesting to find out if there are any markings.

Cheers, Louis

That rifles is a mystery then. My guess would still be it's made in Asia. Looking forward to hearing more about it and SKB.

Quote Originally Posted by louisvanhovell View Post
    My four boxed NOS Sharp airguns have finally arrived at Schiphol Airport. Now I need to wait for customs clearance. Perhaps the most stressful part of the 1.5 year wait, but they are legal, so it should be ok.

@James, the SKB from the manual is indeed super rare. One American member on here has one. It is on Danny's great VAGF.

I have indeed bought the SKB that was offered a few weeks ago. The seller kindly sent it to my friend Steven in Nottinghamshire.
    The American SKB owner thinks it isn't an SKB. I must agree with him that it does not appear on any of the SKB paperwork.

When Steven receives the gun, it will be interesting to find out if there are any markings.

Cheers, Louis

Quote Originally Posted by louisvanhovell View Post

Cheers, Louis
    Louis the SKB gun on the manual is almost certainly a copy of the Sheridan Supergrade with just a slight difference at the breech, even the small screw at the front which locks the link pin for the pump handle is the same, the valve system looks identical to the ones I have resealed. You are probably too young to remember but sometime after the war the Japanese were always making very good copies of lots of products, some identical to the ones being sold at the that time, I presume the Supergrade was one of them.

Cheers, Lawrie.

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Some lovely things here. Thank you so much for sharing.