Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delta Wolf .25 FAC ????

Delta Wolf .25 FAC ????

Has anyone received or getting one of these ? If so any chance of a review with shot count details at full power I.e. 67fpe using JSB Mk11’s at 940fps (this is what the gun is set up at straight from the box) ? Thanks.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

£2.5K

Thanks for the link James. I’ve actually been in contact with the poster of the video to get shot count details and although did try to be helpful couldn’t give me exact figures. As you well know I’ve been trying to get this simple piece of information for some time but even though guns are now being shipped to end users and shops Daystate will still not release this detail. I am at a loss to see why as what’s the big secret ? The gun has it’s pre set programmes and the high power setting is 940fps using 33.95g JSB (.25) and producing 67fpe. Surely all they need to do is shoot it in their in door range until it drops off the regulator........should take all of 5 minutes as it’s not going to produce more than 60 shots and probably a lot less. Yes I’m far from impressed at how Daystate have handled the marketing process.

I've asked on the Owners club after checking the spec sheet, and your quite right, no info on that, so hopefully in a couple of days someone will respond and I can relay the info if they do.

James

Information now obtained thanks.......and not from Daystate surprise surprise..

And the results are ?
    or is it a secret !
    VEGETARIANS IVE SH**TUM
    MARK

Quote Originally Posted by manko View Post
    And the results are ?
    or is it a secret !
    Courtesy of IPC1

"filling the bottle to 230 bar (can go to 240) using the 34g and setting the reg at 175 bar and it produces 65.19fpe at 930fps.....which gives 50 shots. However, the low pressure warning comes on at 150 Bar but an additional 20 shots were available before POI dropped at 100 yards"

Cheers James I was going to answer the question this afternoon. As my area is in lockdown until Monday I’ll be speaking to my RFD to place the order then and get some idea of projected delivery period. Thanks. Ian.

I’d think twice before buying another Daystate....in fact I doubt i ever will until their customer relations or service ever improves. I’ve been trying to identify parts and info on one of my Daystates that i currently own and I bet I could by illegal drugs easier!!! Not that I ever would.

As per the Delta Wolf.....hmmmmm, we shall see, I bet shot count on high power would be more like 30-40. 240 bar fill pressure and 180 reg pressure will not give much of a shot count, I would think the air tank will be 480-500cc there about.

Will it out perform a FX impact/Crown/Dreamline or Wildcat......I very much doubt it!

I agree with you that Daystate’s customer services has plenty of room for improvement. As to identifying parts there are technical drawings available via their website but write to Rachel in sales and see what help she may be able to give .....rachel@daystate.com. The shot count is confirmed by an article in this months Airgun Shooter magazine where 60 were achieved. You seem to be guessing without checking the Delta Wolf’s spec’s....e.g. it does have a 480cc carbon fibre bottle. The thing is your view is understandably coloured by a poor experience whereas I’ve had four Daystate’s and all have been faultless so I come from a different standpoint. Although they are moving away from direct customer contact which is a major mistake in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by IPC1 View Post
    I agree with you that Daystate’s customer services has plenty of room for improvement. As to identifying parts there are technical drawings available via their website but write to Rachel in sales and see what help she may be able to give .....rachel@daystate.com. The shot count is confirmed by an article in this months Airgun Shooter magazine where 60 were achieved. You seem to be guessing without checking the Delta Wolf’s spec’s....e.g. it does have a 480cc carbon fibre bottle. The thing is your view is understandably coloured by a poor experience whereas I’ve had four Daystate’s and all have been faultless so I come from a different standpoint. Although they are moving away from direct customer contact which is a major mistake in my view.
    I have had 6 Daystates over the years and currently still own 2. A Daystate Regal in sun 12 and a Daystate Air Ranger which is FAC.

They have all been brilliant guns, a few leaks and o-ring failures etc which you will get in any gun in time, but they are no where near as good as my FX in just about, if not every way.

Again different experiences influence views. I’ve had a number of Fx and had trouble with each. I even had the FX Boss in .30 when it first came out. Had all sorts of trouble and sent it back to ASI (the importers at the time) and they couldn’t resolve so they sent it to Sweden and I was without the gun for three months. Therefore I am too coloured by lack of quality and won’t buy another.

RE: daystate delta wolf FAC

Hi
    I have ordered a .25 DW in FAC back in november to be delivered in 8-10 weeks ( lol we will see eh !)and like yourself,i would liked to know a approximate shot count, all i have managed to obtain was some info from another user on airgunnation , he says he was getting the same shot count in the .25 delta wolf as his .25 fx impact but he didnt actually say how many , only that it was like for like when set at the same tune ,im guessing maybe 60 shots ? What info did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by Redwolf25 View Post
    Hi
    I have ordered a .25 DW in FAC back in november to be delivered in 8-10 weeks ( lol we will see eh !)and like yourself,i would liked to know a approximate shot count, all i have managed to obtain was some info from another user on airgunnation , he says he was getting the same shot count in the .25 delta wolf as his .25 fx impact but he didnt actually say how many , only that it was like for like when set at the same tune ,im guessing maybe 60 shots ? What info did you get?
    It's posted above, just read the thread