Thread: Delta wolf

Delta wolf

Hearing a lot about the delta wolf, members saying a lot of it’s functions will be wasted on sub 12fp. Not sure what all the said functions are and what will become redundant. Any members wiser and more knowledgeable than me care to explain the details please.

The FAC version has the ability to change the pellet weight, barrel length and required velocity which is all configurable within the electronics.

The sub 12 version only has power level settings from 70% to 100% in 5% increments, with 100% setting based on a velocity of 790 FPS with 8.44gn pellets (in .177).

HTH

I'm relatively new to this so correct me if I'm reading this wrong, but doesn't 790fps seem rather to high as the 100% setting? It doesn't leave a lot of room for variation and still staying within 12fpe. And that doesn't make any allowance for heavier pellets either. I've seen +0.5fpe gain when going from 8.44 to 10.34gn pellets so surely something around 775-780 would have been more appropriate?
    Be good. And if you can't be good, be good at being bad.

Yes it does seem a high baseline, but that is what it states in the owners manual. I don’t have a Delta Wolf by the way so until we see some sub12 reviews I guess we don’t know how these rifles will perform with heavier pellets.

Was watching a review on youtube yesterday looks interesting, but not at £2.5K

Ive had a couple of dry fire shots of a sub 12ft/lbs one. It wobbled Not vibrated or recoiled - wobbled. Difficult to describe. May have just been that example but it wasn't just me who felt it. The cocking was as smooth as a silk cod piece but then again - its should be because of the 'electrickery'.
    I recommend you try before you buy.

p.s. I have been told it wobbles to tell you you have fired your last shot.
    Last edited by I. J.; 27-02-2021 at 04:12 PM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Was watching a review on youtube yesterday looks interesting, but not at £2.5K
    How much ?
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

The review I watched said in sub 12, it was up to the user to ensure that the FPE did not stray.

As far as I was aware, I understood the rifle (or pistol) must not be CAPABLE of exceeding the 12 or 6 FPE.

If that is the case, and bearing in mind pellets are now available in ultra light to ultra heavy configurations, its difficult enough to stay within the law with a rifle that has one fixed output let alone variable and one where 790 FPS seems very close to the mark.

I don't think the electronics is for me. I am thinking of this type of rifle, an Impact or a Leishy 2 probably more the area I am looking at nut to me, I would prefer this baby in FAC so no potential to get caught out.

I liked my Airwolf, quietest gun I have owned but too may other down sides made me get rid.

Plus I NEVER like being a manufacturers free R&D field tester to discover all the bugs...... irrespective if its electronic or traditional. Sooooo many rifles get rushed to market and the company accepts that there are going to be issues but push it through anyway.

As a consumer I don't like that. As a manufacturer, I might take a different view when cash flow is sitting on my shoulder.... but as a consumer, I have a choice to buy a new Mk1 first off the line rifle or wait and watch.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by david j View Post
    Hearing a lot about the delta wolf, members saying a lot of it’s functions will be wasted on sub 12fp. Not sure what all the said functions are and what will become redundant. Any members wiser and more knowledgeable than me care to explain the details please.
    Very much like the FX impact and Crown to some degree. Why would anyone buy a 2k air rifle which is full of adjustable features and build in/add on/swopable features that you can’t adjust! Pointless buy and adjustable rifle but then not be able to adjust it in sun 12

Quote Originally Posted by 247sniper View Post
    Very much like the FX impact and Crown to some degree. Why would anyone buy a 2k air rifle which is full of adjustable features and build in/add on/swopable features that you can’t adjust! Pointless buy and adjustable rifle but then not be able to adjust it in sun 12
    I dont think sub 12 or indeed the UK is Daystates intended main market. In higher than sub 12 limuts, it makes sense..... well ... sort of.

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    I dont think sub 12 or indeed the UK is Daystates intended main market. In higher than sub 12 limuts, it makes sense..... well ... sort of.
    got to agree think the yankees will love it

At my RFD

Not for me,but a surprisingly dainty rifle with its own TV

Much nicer than them FXers

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    At my RFD

Not for me,but a surprisingly dainty rifle with its own TV

Much nicer than them FXers
    Funny. I think the impact and the variants thereof look a lot better than the Dw. The rear stock on the DW is very plank like.

But I dont ti k any tac bullpup is really aimed at people who want "pretty" on their tick list.

Bullpups are all about compact function and handling but are sometimes inhibited with mecanical trigger linckages and mag positions etc.

If I am buying a bullpup. Function first. But the Delta butt stock is really not attractive. It will however paddle your.canoe....😉