Thread: TargetScan For Scoring

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

TargetScan For Scoring

Hello to All,

@sgibbar submitted his last two (2) sets of MPL cards scored by TargetScan.

I am very impressed with the looks of this App

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

Hi Russ
    It was recommended to me by a British pistol club member when talking about scoring. At less than the price of 2 packs of RWS R10 I thought it would be worth trying. Loaded onto an iPad no problem, able to set up and use without even having to refer to FAQ so passes intuitive use test 😉. When you get group holes it can be worth repeating the scan/photo after rotating the card if it isn’t getting a good picture, this could be because I’m using white paper behind the target rather than the light box setting that they offer (use iPad as light box and phone as camera).

I've been using it for a year now after seeing another pistol shooter using it at a comp we were at. I'd love to get an electronic target but can't justify the cost. Spotting my shots and using this app has been part of the regime thats taken my Av to 550 now. Brilliant bit of kit.
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500

You should be okay with white paper, it's what I use with no issues. Any retakes are usually down to a picture not being square to the camera but as a rule it's pretty forgiving.
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500

Quote Originally Posted by bootneckbob View Post
    You should be okay with white paper, it's what I use with no issues. Any retakes are usually down to a picture not being square to the camera but as a rule it's pretty forgiving.
    Rob, your message box is full, time for a clear out ;-)
    My Toys:-

FWB P70FT+Elite 4200 6-24x40.
    Sako Range+Leupold VXIII6.5-20x40 EFR.
    Anschutz 1407 + B & L 36x
    Marlin .38 CBC Underlever+Marbles tang sight.
    Remington 12c Pump action.
    Martini Henry Bonehill conversion with Greener Barrel.

What next

Speak your truth quietly & clearly and listen to others,
    even the dull & ignorant, they too have their story.

Housekeeping has been and cleaned up! Thanks.