I found myself pondering if there are any stats regarding the type of airgun(s) people own or buy in the UK. In particular:
Are there any data on the type of air rifles owned / bought, especially segmenting the data into what might be called 'full power' models and those that would be judged as never achieving above say, 10ftlb? Are there data on what people do? My guess is that the majority of rifles are bought / used for plinking and that those used for HFT/FT and hunting are far less. And by 'hunting' I mean dedicated hunting not the odd rat control. I guess dedicated 10m rifles are fewer still.
I am not interested in data ordered by make or manufacturer, only broad categories. I seem to remember a broad statement from somewhere that said that the majority of rifles bought are low powered, cheap, plinkers ... maybe think of the B2 rifles sold at Game Fairs ....
A brief search via google produced nothing that is free although there seems to be a lot of data on 'certificated rifles/shotguns'.
Cheers, Phil