Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .30 cal sabots

Quote Originally Posted by CannonFodder View Post
    Probably as biodegradable as the bullet they contain.
    If you print with PLA (poly lactic acid) filament, which is made from corn starch and similar, they are indeed bio degradable. I'm just doing some trials of printed sabots and will post the results when done.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

Quote Originally Posted by CannonFodder View Post
    Probably as biodegradable as the bullet they contain.
    Copper & lead come from the earth and will degrade back into the earth a helluva lot quicker than most plastics.
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

shot some yesterday and each one was perfectly reloaded etc and at 110 yds my 3 shot group was 4 inches in a perfect triangle......bullets berger 55gn flat base.
    i will try again with .5 gn less powder but will look in gun room to see if i have any heavier bullets

I tried many years ago to get a decent grouping using 55 gr sierra gamekings in those sabots from Pete Lawman ,I used a parker hale t4 ,A Konsberg and a Sportco M44 and the best i could get was 2 1/2" at 100 yds ,I tried both Vectan and alliant powders but I could not shrink the group using Pete lawmans powder data as a starting point.