Thread: Swedish Rolling block target rifle value? presented by Werner ericson

Swedish Rolling block target rifle value? presented by Werner ericson

My brother is thinking of selling his Swedish Rolling block target rifle. But he does not really know of the value.

I will get some pictures soon so I understand that a true valuation cant happen until then but if you have a ball park figure, that would be great.

The rifle itself is in nice condition. No cleaning rod and a couple marks on the wood. Bore is very good. It is rim fire (cant remember the exact calibre but will be 12x??).

It was made by a J.A LAFQVIST who i believe is more well known for making knives. Dated 1871. Has target sights (Two position flip rear sight).

The most interesting thing about it though is that it was a prize for first place at a shooting competion. It has a plaque on the side of the stock that says, in swedish, 1st prize 1871 awarded (or presented) by Werner Ericson who was the son of Nils ericson, a famous swedish engineer. Which is interesting.

I will try to get photos as soon as but any advice would be wonderful, thank you.

http://imgur.com/gallery/7lqkuyA

Photos

Sorry if some photos are unside down. I am at my brothers house so i am using my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Huttles94 View Post
    My brother is thinking of selling his Swedish Rolling block target rifle. But he does not really know of the value.

I will get some pictures soon so I understand that a true valuation cant happen until then but if you have a ball park figure, that would be great.

The rifle itself is in nice condition. No cleaning rod and a couple marks on the wood. Bore is very good. It is rim fire (cant remember the exact calibre but will be 12x??).

It was made by a J.A LAFQVIST who i believe is more well known for making knives. Dated 1871. Has target sights (Two position flip rear sight).

The most interesting thing about it though is that it was a prize for first place at a shooting competion. It has a plaque on the side of the stock that says, in swedish, 1st prize 1871 awarded (or presented) by Werner Ericson who was the son of Nils ericson, a famous swedish engineer. Which is interesting.

I will try to get photos as soon as but any advice would be wonderful, thank you.
    great actions as i have a 1871 rolling block pistol in .50 cal