Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interest list for 6 yard PCP pistol

Interest list for 6 yard PCP pistol

Gents, in tandem with this thread:

https://shooting-the-breeze.com/thre...ol-comp.49024/ (on Shooting the Breeze)

I'd like to generate a list of pistol shooters who would be interested in shooting this (MPL) at home. I'm looking for PCP pistol here although there are leauges for SSP and spring already. I know there may not be many pistol shooters on here so I'll be looking on other forums too and may combine the list.

If you're up for it please just add copy and paste after adding your User name.

1. bootneckbob
    2. Namfas
    3. Mr Namfas (he isnt online)
    4. Silversurfer
    5. Sgibbar
    6. Sir_SwampThing
    7. Pete M
    8. Colin Eaton
    9. Retracted_Yeti
    10. Kevin B
    11. Steve1000
    Last edited by bootneckbob; 15-11-2020 at 08:49 AM.
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500

6 Yd PCP pistol league

1. bootneckbob
    2. silversurfer
    "This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours"

1. bootneckbob
    2. Namfas
    4. Silversurfer
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500

I know that it is only his well known modesty that has prevented IJ from entering this superb postal competition so far, but I am sure that he could (perhaps) be able to keep-up with the rest of you guys, and if he should fall too far behind, that we can count on you all to throw a few shots out in the white to prevent him sulking.

His comments during this competition can be expected to cause a small "titter" on occasion and can (sometimes) be a reason for putting up with him for a while longer than usual.

A postman in Blackburn will also be pleased to know that when he delivers the post he will have the thrill of anticipating when to duck, as IJ hangs his pellet trap on the back of his front door to provide a little local excitement for any visitors (he doesn't get too many!) that should happen to call by (think Jehovah's Witness and Latter Day Church ....etc).

Fellow Rivvy club members would also appreciate IJ entering this competition as while he is waiting to surprise (ambush) the local postman, he can't be at the clubs outdoor range, so it will give them a well deserved break - they may even volunteer to pay his entry fee to make sure he enters the competition (as long as he shoots it at home on club days)

I am ordering another batch of Air 8 - 18, NSRA 6 yard Air Pistol targets this evening so IJ has some cardboard to hang on the back of his front door to get the postman into training.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

1. bootneckbob
    2. Namfas
    4. Silversurfer
    5. Sgibbar

1. bootneckbob
    2. Namfas
    4. Silversurfer
    5. Sgibbar
    6. Sir_SwampThing

Atb
    Chris
    BSA Ultra Multi .22 ( Falcon Merlin 10x42T, `Tweaky` reg, HW mod, Cobra Merlin+Dipol L3 ), Skan M32 .177 (3-12x44 mini SWAT), Alros Trailsman .177 (Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20 , `Tweaky` reg ), Steyr Evo 10e and a Daystate Pulsar. 177..

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Is a red dot reflex sight allowed in these?

I have one fitted to my pistol and don't use open sites, so I just need to know the format allowed?

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

1. bootneckbob
    2. Namfas
    4. Silversurfer
    5. Sgibbar
    6. Sir_SwampThing
    7. Pete M

I'll pm you James

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    Is a red dot reflex sight allowed in these?

I have one fitted to my pistol and don't use open sites, so I just need to know the format allowed?

James
    Hi James,

Sorry, we use open sights only on PCP match pistols.

Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by bootneckbob View Post
    1. bootneckbob
    2. Namfas
    4. Silversurfer
    5. Sgibbar
    6. Sir_SwampThing
    7. Pete M

I'll pm you James
    Seven PCP match pistol entrants already is a good result Rob ........more to come yet ?

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Hi James,

Sorry, we use open sights only on PCP match pistols.

Bob.
    No problem, I don't like open sights so am happy to sit it out.

Thanks

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    I know that it is only his well known modesty that has prevented IJ from entering this superb postal competition so far, but I am sure that he could (perhaps) be able to keep-up with the rest of you guys, and if he should fall too far behind, that we can count on you all to throw a few shots out in the white to prevent him sulking.

His comments during this competition can be expected to cause a small "titter" on occasion and can (sometimes) be a reason for putting up with him for a while longer than usual.

A postman in Blackburn will also be pleased to know that when he delivers the post he will have the thrill of anticipating when to duck, as IJ hangs his pellet trap on the back of his front door to provide a little local excitement for any visitors (he doesn't get too many!) that should happen to call by (think Jehovah's Witness and Latter Day Church ....etc).

Fellow Rivvy club members would also appreciate IJ entering this competition as while he is waiting to surprise (ambush) the local postman, he can't be at the clubs outdoor range, so it will give them a well deserved break - they may even volunteer to pay his entry fee to make sure he enters the competition (as long as he shoots it at home on club days)

I am ordering another batch of Air 8 - 18, NSRA 6 yard Air Pistol targets this evening so IJ has some cardboard to hang on the back of his front door to get the postman into training.
    As much as I would like to enter this 6yd competition Ive not shot a pistol for over 6 months now. I achieved my a 'aim' (get it ) of 50 - 50 ex 50s and now taking on board 50 METRE rifle shooting. Not true bench resting, we are not allowed back rests and only 12" wide from bi-pods or bags. A new inter club (Rochdale AGC v Rivi R) series, The Ashes, had just started last yeas and was very successful. All this, of course has been put on hold since both Lockdowns although I did manage to get some good shooting in between. See - my ego hasn't diminished.
    Ive also become the regional champ at Polo mint shooting @ 47 yards outdoors. My P B is 5 in a row.

A point of accuracy in the above statement. For safety reasons I had by target holder in my living room and I was standing with my back very near to the front door (shooting down my back passage Oh, err, Mrs.) It was then the postman nearly gave me a phone bill suppository while I was on aim.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

That is an impressive display of your previous prowess Mr Jones - but I don't see a single 6 yard air pistol target with a "possible" score on it ?

6 yard air pistol shooting is not as easy as some people think, and scoring a 50 ex 50 on an MPL Air 8 -18 competition target is something that is missing from your bragging rights, so now would be a good time to try to correct this abnormality.

You have plenty of time during this lock-down to see "if you still have it" and to find out if you can still produce the goods - .- . and to give your postman a chance to give you another "reminder"

Oh Ive still 'got it'. I cant shake it off or give it away.

Ive no 6 yard maximums because I only shot it for one season - which I may remind you I won.

In fact I think the grand trophy I was awarded for my efforts take pride of place up at the clubs indoor range trophy shelf along with many a club national HFT/FT awards - that is unless someone has shot it.

No, I shall leave the 6 yard pistol and rested shooting to those long of arm and short of imagination.

I may tell you my post woman was very surprised when I went to the door the other morning naked. I didn't know what shocked her the most. Me being naked or me knowing where she lived.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Oh Ive still 'got it'. I cant shake it off or give it away.

Ive no 6 yard maximums because I only shot it for one season - which I may remind you I won.

In fact I think the grand trophy I was awarded for my efforts take pride of place up at the clubs indoor range trophy shelf along with many a club national HFT/FT awards - that is unless someone has shot it.

No, I shall leave the 6 yard pistol and rested shooting to those long of arm and short of imagination.

I may tell you my post woman was very surprised when I went to the door the other morning naked. I didn't know what shocked her the most. Me being naked or me knowing where she lived.

I think you should show a picture of that magnificent trophy that I gave you for winning the MPL as it is a true token of the affection that we have for you...and yes you have still definitely 'got it" - I can smell it from here!