Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: most accurate air rifle

not the most expensive in my collection the p15,but the most accurate

No such thing as there are too many variables and combinations of rifle, stock, mounts, scope, pellet, calibre, etc.
    My fettled TX200 MK1 could punch one whole groups at 35 yrds but used to open up at long range.
    My Theoben Rapid 17 FT punched tighter groups than a mates Pro Target.
    My XL1 punched the tightest groups Ive ever seen and very consitantly so for me the XL1 with fixed 35x Leopold and Crossman Premiers was the most accurate combo Ive shot.
    VAYA CON DIOS

I have a lot of air rifles and over the years there are few I havn't owned at one time.

I have 4 which I cannot fault accuracy wise:

AA410 (regulated)

AA pro elite

venom HW80

bog standard HW85 (early model) with the original spring and virtually no discernable rifling left!
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

Quote Originally Posted by ian321 View Post
    I’d imagine it’d be pretty hard to beat an electronic Daystate
    Correct there ! I have Airwolfs in both calibers and both are spot on. I did have an HW85k years back and that did one hole group. So much so, after the third shot I had to go and inspect the target card because I'd thought I had missed the second and third shot !

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    The most accurate I have ever had was a single shot FX Typhoon in .22 with a smooth twist barrel. It really would put every pellet through the same hole at 50 yards.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Had a daystate mk3 which 9 out of 10 shots was the exact fps reading and the odd one out was out by 1 fps, Cant say it's more accurate than a accurate gun, Had a eary huntsman and a falcon light hunter which were amazing, My air ranger is like a laser, Accuraccy will be more to do with the shooter than the gun as most are capable these days,

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    I think all my air guns are very accurate!

But I think the one I have the most confidence in to hit what I’m aiming at is a 15 year old S410k.
    Master Debater

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    my Pro Elite
    It's true, Jon's modded and charmed Pro Elite is the most accurate rifle I have ever shot, and that includes fullbore Swing rifles and match Anschutz rifles. It is easy to shoot as well, not like a Feinwerkbau Sport or other tricky thing. All the pellets go through the same hole so it doesn't look like a group, just like you've shot the target but once.

Thing is there is just the one in all the world.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    The most accurate I have ever had was a single shot FX Typhoon in .22 with a smooth twist barrel. It really would put every pellet through the same hole at 50 yards.
    Is that a hole where a barn door is normally kept?

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    There are about half a dozen of us at Bolton Air Gun Club who shoot Daystate Red Wolves and can put in 250/250 scores on a regular basis in 25m BR comps. Despite me having had about a dozen top end target rifles from the likes of Steyr/FWB/Walther/RAW etc and dozens of "normal" sporter versions, I still think my Red Wolf is the most accurate riffle I've ever owned.

Just my experience - others will differ

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Anything Steyr.
    "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son" Dean Wormer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kes View Post
    Anything Steyr.
    Yes. My early FT Steyr was brilliant. Barly twist barrel. Would take staples off a 50 yard target regularly. Sold it when I went to HFT and pest control as the HW100 suited me better. It was an exceptionally accurate rifle if fed with ammo it found to be yummy
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    Yes. My early FT Steyr was brilliant. Barly twist barrel. Would take staples off a 50 yard target regularly. Sold it when I went to HFT and pest control as the HW100 suited me better. It was an exceptionally accurate rifle if fed with ammo it found to be yummy
    I had an Lg100 for HFT around 15 years ago. Easily the most clinically accurate airgun I ever used on the circuit. I fed it a diet of JSB Exact 4.52's and never scored below 52 (or above 57 ) Coincidentally, I too sold mine when I decided to move onto the HW100 which I had bullpupped by Keith (Gramps on here). More comfortable to shoot? Yes. Better looking? Definitely. More accurate? No chance.
    "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son" Dean Wormer.

My Steyr LG110 FT 2014 with a barley twist barrel. It's incredible with a wide range of pellets. I've had no end of excellent rifles over the last 25 years, some of these would occasionally match the accuracy which the Steyr delivers as a matter of course.

As well as its pure accuracy it's also very stable and reliable. Unlike its owner.
    Best Regards

Simon

I've got some slug guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gen View Post

bog standard HW85 (early model) with the original spring and virtually no discernable rifling left!
    What do think caused the rifling to wear, or was it Hw's first attempt at a smooth twist barrel ?
    Hw77+7