Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: most accurate air rifle

Rapid mk2 anschutz is the most accurate pcp i own and springer is the walther LGU

Dave.

Steyr 110 p/c and walther lgv spring

On a purely technical basis, I would think the most accurate is that model which is most used by Olympic/international level competitors.

Some makers are consistently there season after season, no competitor loves going to compete with what is mentally considered inferior equipment and risk getting the mental jitters by not having 100% belief in the equipment.

It would be interesting to see what pellets are more consistently used by these competitors at this level.

My most accurate air rifle that is more generally relatable to the average forum user is a standard Diana 54.

Most 10m guns I have do outshoot all else within their range, but I don't think it's on to compare them with sporting springers and pcp's. Their triggers to mention one thing, are on a different level.

So many things to consider when picking the most accurate gun....

The most accurate rifle will be one shot in stillair...I'll get my coat.
    "Shooters, regardless of their preferred quarry, enjoy their sport for its ability to transfer them from their day-to-day life into a world where they can lose themselves for a few hours". B Potts.

"Some makers are consistently there season after season, no competitor loves going to compete with what is mentally considered inferior equipment and risk getting the mental jitters by not having 100% belief in the equipment.

It would be interesting to see what pellets are more consistently used by these competitors at this level."

Again, accuracy and competitions are two different things.
    A lot of people on the practice range can shoot 10mm groups into paper at 55 yards or smaller.
    Usual FT target at this range is 40mm, easy peasy to a 10mm grouper, no matter what rifle, scope or pellet.
    Put them in a comp and they fail miserably.
    Has their kit suddenly become inaccurate, not a chance, its all in their head.
    Pressure gets to them, they take it too seriously, over think everything and dont do the fundemental thing that we all do when when we shoot air rifles, which is to relax- smile- and enjoy shooting.
    Seen it many times over the years, shooters turning up with thousands of pounds worth of kit, "all the gear no idea" they used to get called, always an excuse why they missed and it was always the kit, you cant talk next to them or enjoy yourself.
    Accuracy of the fifle combo is one thing, accuracy of the shooter is something else.

VAYA CON DIOS

Doesn’t the TM1000 have world records at bench rest, seen the reports and the info on the shoots and is truly amazing what has been achieved

Walther

For me it would be my LGU for the springer option, haven’t shot enough pcps to have an opinion but of all the pcps I’ve shot/owned it would have to be either the bt65 or rm8.

There really isn't any such thing as the most accurate rifle. It's all about ability which can be improved with practice, comfort which is about finding the rifle that fits your frame and confidence which comes with both of the above.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Herx77 is offline "Instruments of the light"
    After thinking about the premise above to "to consider which is the most accurate air rifle" ; I would be more inclined to ask what is the most consistent pairing, gun to shooter. Unless the rifle is held mechanically 'hands free' to achieve a set result this then rules out a springer with its inherent recoil.
    In my experience as much as I wish my pcp's to be top choice (GC2, FTP900) and the highest level at the worlds(GC2) the springer has cleared more FT and HFT courses (HW77) and achieved at 50/55yards groups of 1/4...5/16 inch. Unfortunately when the spring shattered its taken a while to get close to that again with a suitable replacement one.
    With both formats shooter technical knowledge, and experience on input has a controlling influence on the guns performance; surprising how more control is needed to compensate for movement with the springer than the pcp to get better results, but my results would seem the reverse is true.
    HERX77 .
    Fighter against the "Dark Arts" A stranger in an even stranger land.
    GC2+Leupold 14.4-34x45
    AA400 fac receiver+sidewinder 8.5-34x52
    Weihrauch HW77k fiddled with and doing what it wants to +Zeiss 3-9x36.
    Weihrauch HW90k
    Weihrauch HW97k learning from above,now sporting a Maccarri 77/97 target stock..+Bushnell 3200.Go on shoot one you know you want to
    Daystate mk3 RT Delux + bushnell 4200 8-24x 40Does what it should again & again.
    Fwb 124 + Optima was good is good!
    Webley Vulcan.

My most accurate rifle is my good old DS Timberwolf it gives my RedWolfs a run for their money.

Operating without any decent restraint - Nottm
    The most accurate rifles I've ever shot are in my collection now. My garden range is 47 mts long and I have a nice shed I shoot out of.....
    Taking the human equation out of it and shooting bench rested, supported by a bag and Bipods. No wind.
    All have MTC optics Mamba/Viper/Taipan

.177 HW100 A&M cylinder Single shot adapter Crosman Premier 7.9gr will put everything into a 5p

.177 HW100KT Single shot adapter Crosman Premier 7.9gr will raggy hole a 6mm target

.177 MK1 S200 Webley AccuPell FT 8.64 gr
    .177 MK3 S200 Crosman Premier 7.9gr
    Both will raggy hole a 5p (If it only they had a touch better trigger)

The last one may surprise you.

.177 Kral Jumbo Hi Cap. This is equally as accurate as the first HW100 on this list. When filled to 165 bar and using the single shot adapter it 5p's every shot. Its a bit scatty at over 165bar and you have to get used to the trigger, but hey its a 400 quid gun...

But the HW100KT takes it. Shame it only gives 34 shots!
    1st Battalion Humberside Cavalier Rescue Deserters on the cut

As of this morning I seem to have a new "most accurate gun I've ever owned"
    For the first time I fitted the proper shroud extension to my .20 MFR & shot this seated, no bags, no fancy rest, full mag of 12 FTT, 25yds.

I believe the top 10M match rifle shooters in the Olympics used Feinwerkbau and Walther.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    I believe the top 10M match rifle shooters in the Olympics used Feinwerkbau and Walther.
    And apparently many of them used QYS match pellets.

Had loads of guns but the Huntsman Revere easily the most accurate.