Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: most accurate air rifle

The most accurate air rifle would depend on how good the pilot is, the top manufacturers must try to produce quality products, even cheaper guns can preform well in skilled hands, if the person shooting it understands how to get best out of it.
    I think it is almost impossible to state that a particular make of rifle is the most accurate, because every one manufactured can vary within there tolerances.

I cannot think of anything more accurate than my .177 Rat Works tuned Mk3 S200.
    Mainly used indoors for target shooting with JSB Exact RS pellets.
    Air Arms S200 Rat Works Tuned with Hawke Airmax 6 - 24 x 50 Scope

From past experience I would say the most accurate rifle is any one that Im not shooting

Im not really sure theres a 100% clear cut or correct answer to this, is a 2.5k Steyr more accurate than a S200?
    But Im pretty sure that in the right hands that S200 could very easily go head to head with an expensive rifle like the Steyr.

In my own head (right or wrong) it's the shooter not the rifle who makes the difference

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    When I first started shooting air rifle Benchrest I bought an FWB P70FT that was the most accurate rifle I've ever shot it was capable of returning 250. and top end Xs all day long. Then one fateful day I decided to clean the barrel, never shot to the same level again !

I shoot rimfire BR now with an Anschutz 54 heavy barrel, that comes close with the right batch !
    ATB, Gordon.
    Professional Ferret Juggler

I imagine anything used by an Olympic shooter would be pretty accurate, otherwise they wouldn't be using them. I believe 10m Olympic rifles are only 6 ft/lbs though.