Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: closing a profile

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I now have a very large barge pole

Pete
    Oh, come on Pete, I think Airsporters are not bad for an obsolete format. Have some respect for the old soldier.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Oh, come on Pete, I think Airsporters are not bad for an obsolete format. Have some respect for the old soldier.
    No mate, mines a carbine, you're getting confused with the Mercury

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    To be fair the BSA air sporter stutzen is still my dream rifle . One day before im too old i will have my 77k fully tuned probably by one of you lot and find a stutzen and have that tuned and i would say that would do me for my last days as far as guns go
    Seem to be more into fishing than shooting these days

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    To be fair the BSA air sporter stutzen is still my dream rifle . One day before im too old i will have my 77k fully tuned probably by one of you lot and find a stutzen and have that tuned and i would say that would do me for my last days as far as guns go
    Seem to be more into fishing than shooting these days
    It was mine too - the RB2. About 15 years ago I got hold of a nearly new one. But they don't shoot well at all. Extremely disappointing. Big Seth on here had one as well and did everything he could to try to make it shoot accurately and never got beyond average.

They are very pretty and the rearsight is really cool. But to use, well it just doesn't walk the walk. My 1974 BSA Meteor printed smaller groups.

Your 77K is the real dream rifle, easy to shoot, deadly accurate. You could have a Stutzen stock made for it, they look nice like that.

Check out this bad boy

https://walnut.black/HW77-Stutzen

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post

And even that dear friend of mine Tone, has excepted some Britishness into his life and collection, so I am at peace.

Pete
    Hey Pete my friend. Have a little read of the post I've just put on the Norfolk Bash thread re my blandy blonde Mercury S. Showing great promise (admittedly only short range for now) with the budget H&N Excite Hammer in .22. Love ya lots xxx
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    RB2 stutzen is a nice looking gun, and can be made to shoot OK, but isn't great from the factory...

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....orter-RB2-tune
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Knock knock....

Whos there?????

How many posts does it take to close a profile....

I dont know.... how many posts does it take to close a profile

Bl00dy loads appareny
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Hey Pete my friend. Have a little read of the post I've just put on the Norfolk Bash thread re my blandy blonde Mercury S. Showing great promise (admittedly only short range for now) with the budget H&N Excite Hammer in .22. Love ya lots xxx
    I had a little read Tone, interesting, they seem pretty cheap to buy but if they group well then even better, always found .22 BSA barrels to be pellet fussy.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Yep, the Mercury is fine with Superdomes and it seemingly loves the Hammers, but positively hates Hobby (and a fair few others besides). My Supersport isn't fussy in the least and absolutely loves Hobby.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Here's an old Merc that is part Germanic as a gent darn sarf fitted an axis bolt from what looks like a HW, In truth I can't remember what German rifle it came from!

No slop in this yoke!!

BTW, It looks like Mr Landy has left the building 👍

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    using a merc bolt would have been more in keeping, but it looks fine, and I'm sure it's effective. Bolt looks HW35/80
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Good pictures, what camera, lens and shutter speed did you use?

Steve C.
    AirArms S400k L/H (.177)BTAS, tuned, AirArms S410k L/H (.177) walnut, BTAS tuned, AA MPR .177 L/H walnut (STOLEN) and...L/H EV2
    BASC

Quote Originally Posted by Steve C. View Post
    Good pictures, what camera, lens and shutter speed did you use?

Steve C.

Nikon D40, 18-55DX, 1/125, (f5.6).

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Nikon D40, 18-55DX, 1/125, (f5.6).

John
    Ah, a more serious player. I've just got my old Canon PowerShot SX 150 IS 14.1 Mega Pixels

......anyway what was this thread about?

Steve C.
    AirArms S400k L/H (.177)BTAS, tuned, AirArms S410k L/H (.177) walnut, BTAS tuned, AA MPR .177 L/H walnut (STOLEN) and...L/H EV2
    BASC

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    using a merc bolt would have been more in keeping, but it looks fine, and I'm sure it's effective. Bolt looks HW35/80
    Yep. Although I do feel that, in spite of looking more discreet, the Mercury S / Challenger etc style bolt is a bit of a halfway house and not as secure.

I've never owned a Theoben but, to me, their old bolt looked cool. Discreet, stylish, "modern" and, I guess, very secure?