Thread: Browning Airstar 200

Browning Airstar 200

I’ve been loaned one of these rifles by a friend who is looking to sell it. Not many have been made and definitely a marmite gun. Seems to be very well made and is a lot of fun to shoot. As satisfying as a springer without the effort.
    Look up Browning Airstar on YouTube to see these quirky guns in action.

Seems the batteries are still available . I’ve charged it using the original Browning charger but haven’t had a long enough session to see how many shots I can get to a charge. Seems to be very accurate and I’m hoping to get some shots over the chronograph later this week if the weather improves to see how consistent and powerful it is.

I’m tempted to make an offer for this gun but have had problems finding out values. Any ideas?

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Buy it, great fun. The batteries are standard model car types with the poles reversed.

Useless for hunting, but will make all your mates love you when you take it down the range.

Price depends entirely on condition, so pics would help you get a valuation.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Protek supplies had one a while ago, must say it didn't last long, can't remember what it sold for though.... Sorry

I’ve seen them offered over the years for anything from £350-450 or more depending on condition, working order, box, accessories.

I sold one in 2015 and can’t remember the price. I can remember Browning spent a fortune on the development but they never sold well, probably down to the noise of the cranking mechanism being enough to wake the dead. They were extremely well made, the breech was a work of art. Far too noisy for hunting but a great collectors item. I contacted Rutten just before I sold it and they still had availability of spare parts
    Last edited by ken69; 15-11-2020 at 11:24 PM.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    There is a non electric version of this but I think it’s only available on The Continent... Underlever.

https://www.gunstar.co.uk/community/...jonathan-young

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    There is a non electric version of this but I think it’s only available on The Continent... Underlever.

https://www.gunstar.co.uk/community/...jonathan-young
    The winstar, I believe to be rarer than the above. I have seen one in the UK. Very interesting gun.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Very interesting
    I bought one at Bisley

It fired when I closed the under lever and made a nice hole in my front door.

When Baz tried to fix it the under lever bit his hand

Refund!

Worked ok at Bisley
    But then they Ive had a few guns that did that and failed in Christchurch.

When they were first on the market in the UK sales were almost non-existant so the distributor cut the price in half which thorough pee'd off dealers who had bought them at more than what became the retail price. Total disaster. I was offered one by my local dealer at £135, from memory, just so he could rid himself of a bad taste
    I was told by Bowkett that on one occasion Titan had a stand at IWA almost next door to the trade stand showing off the Winstar. It drove everyone crazy with the noise, all day long, of it being demonstrated.

airstar and winstar

Beautifully made guns! I have had no issues. Granted, the airstar is noisy and not ideal for hunting. However not everybody is a hunter. If you are a backyard plinker or target shooter and especially if you have shoulder issues with cocking, then these are great. My Winstar is by far my easiest cocking gun. I have FWB 124/127's and Theobens. The Winstar is an underlever and cocks in both directions....out and back. They don't come up for sale in North America very often.

https://i.imgur.com/4yzOeH9.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/pD5RvFp.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/1PP59FM.jpg

I'm jumping on an older thread but I could be lucky...

Does anyone know whether its possible to buy a replacement charger for the Airstar? I have one but it came with no charger. I was hoping that I could work out what type the little charging plug is, but I've not been able to find anything that fits.

Quote Originally Posted by oneseven View Post
    I'm jumping on an older thread but I could be lucky...

Does anyone know whether its possible to buy a replacement charger for the Airstar? I have one but it came with no charger. I was hoping that I could work out what type the little charging plug is, but I've not been able to find anything that fits.
    Hi,

I’ve sent you a pm

Quote Originally Posted by Graybat View Post
    Hi,

I’ve sent you a pm
    Hi have cleared my box. Could you try again?