Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shepreth AGC 30/10/05 results

Ricky Rockets Guest

Shepreth AGC 30/10/05 results

Here are today’s results from Shepreth on a particularly tricky course with fairly strong wind which made conditions quite difficult.

James Huckle 55
    Ben White 54
    Mark Andrews 53
    Rob Dean 53
    Ricky D’Arcy 52
    Gedas G. 52
    Kevin Lord 51
    Chris Bowyer 48
    Martin Slane 47
    Marius S. 46
    Julius Newman 46
    Rosie Huckle 45
    Gary D. 45
    John Dove 45
    Beth Oldham 42
    Alan Sultano 40
    Alan Paxton 37
    Ralph Presland 37
    Roger Carder 37
    Jonh Rowley
    Jack Dean (j) 31
    Paul Oldham 30
    Ian Bardle 28

A couple of scorecards were not handed in so if i’ve missed you off then tough.

Again thank you to all who help set up and put away and of course thanks to Sarah for the lovely food.

Also there was a set of keys found that had been there for a while but someone seems to remember somebody losing a set a few weeks ago, anyway they are in the office.

There should be a big turnout for the next meeting on the13/11/05 which is the inter club Shepreth v Lea Valley challenge, you have to be a member of the club to shoot for them but all are welcome to come and take part.

zooankski Guest
    just for those who are not members i will clarify the situation -EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO THE CLUB ON THE DAY AND ARE ABLE TO SHOOT.
    the rematch will be going on behind the scenes
    That would be the shoot you are missing then Ricky
    Last edited by zooankski; 30-10-2005 at 05:20 PM.

zooankski Guest
    nice to see James putting a good score in with my rifle just hope yours is ok mate?
    shame i did not shoot again but need to get the new kitchen caravan sorted as quick as we can ready for the bad weather
    We cannot have Sarah outside when she does such a sterling job of catering for us now-can we

I had a good day with my new Mk3 even though the wind did everything it could to make zeroing it almost impossible.

Thanks all.
    B.

Ideot Savant Guest
    Ben did quite well considering how he kept forgetting to put a pellet in his daystate. Oh and showing me the ropes...

zooankski Guest
    Glad to hear the Mk3 performed well Beth .
    As i appear to have also taken on the role of resident club gun smith and Mk3 maintenance and repair man as well as club secretary/caravan repair and modification man,perhaps i should start charging! LOL
    Seriously though, If any members need help with thier rifle then i am only to willing to try and help,as long as its an S200,S400,S410,Mk3 Rt or sport as they are the only rifles i have had stripped to the bare parts
    Ben said he forgot to load a pellet-atleast he did not have it in his teeth ready to load and then still forgot!-like i did at Ford!!LOL
    Last edited by zooankski; 30-10-2005 at 05:27 PM.

I am tending to my rifle now. It has a scare, but I think it will be ok Cheers for lending me your rifle Mark, and I hope it does not have to go through that vicious strip down anymore

James
    Daystate Mk3 Sports & EB 10x42
    Walther LG300 XT ANOTOMIC (10m rifle)
    HW 90K (.22)

zooankski Guest
    But my rifle loves being stripped, and it reminds me of my younger days spent building with mecanno and lego
    Hope the scar is not too bad James

Quote Originally Posted by zooankski
    Glad to hear the Mk3 performed well Beth .
    It's an amazing gun, absolute delight to shoot. Once the wind dropped abit after the shoot proper(!) I was almost putting pellet on pellet at 35 yards even with my shaking hands. Still need to get used to the trajectory, it's very different to .22.

Ben said he forgot to load a pellet-atleast he did not have it in his teeth ready to load and then still forgot!-like i did at Ford!!LOL
    He wasn't the only one, I wont mention names but someone in our group was missing quite easy shots and blamed it on the magazine he was using. tho someone did point out the holes appearing in the edge of the caravan on course 1...

Beth

Ratpak Guest
    Great day out, good to have some wind making the course a tad more difficult at times.

Congrats to James, good score for the conditions.

Good to shoot with Treedove and Jinxy

Looking forward to the 13th.

jinx is offline Southern Hunter Champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratpak

Good to shoot with Treedove and Jinxy
    don't you mean Homer

bennyblanco Guest
    wish i had put the bugger in, would have been the first time i had beaten young James although he was using Marcs gun

just chuffed that Rosie had Mrs Huckle for fiver 32yds standing reducer.

good to see Beth spending some proper money on a proper gun and Matts face when he got the 45yarder with my mk3.

thanks to the course setters, Sarah (and ricky) for the burger

ben

Roger Carder Guest
    Thanks everyone for a great day. I got some experience with my new s410 and hopefully will improve with time !!!

See you in a couple of weeks

Rog.

zooankski Guest
    you mean 2 weeks not 3
    like the new signature Rob

Ricky Rockets Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zooankski
    you mean 2 weeks not 3
    like the new signature Rob