Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Insurance - alternatives to BASC?

Insurance - alternatives to BASC?

I have been a member of BASC since I started shooting in 2012, mainly because of insurance. But BASC have stopped including "Legal Expenses Insurance" in their membership package. I can't help feeling that if I need to claim on the insurance there is a pretty good chance I will be needing legal advice.

So what are the alternatives? Do they provide Legal Expenses cover?
    Air Arms, Weihrauch, BSA, Crosman, and Baikal

Ccc3 ..... country cover club

gun plan

Make sure you read the full policy of any you plan to use .

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....4216-Insurance

Basc will still offer advice to members it only means that if your wanting to take action against someone you will have to pay the fees yourself --I also looked into Country cover but I was still very unsure basically because I didn't understand it ive stuck with basc for now im also a member of the countryside alliance

Shooting and Country Sports for me

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    To be fair the legal cover was utter bullshit. I found myself needing it the year before last and it disappeared up it's own bumhole,

My advice is go somewhere else. Anywhere else
    God rest ye jelly mental men

How about NSRA full membership? It's about £80 but the insurance package includes the cover that BASC has remaindered and you also get about £5k cover for your own kit, which BASC never included.

You're also joining an organisation that isn't dominated by shotgunners.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Ccc3

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    To be fair the legal cover was utter bullshit. I found myself needing it the year before last and it disappeared up it's own bumhole,

My advice is go somewhere else. Anywhere else
    Lol ...I ended up buying the Country Cover Club pack

SACS is who was with for years up until stopping shooting. The insurance is 10 million and when I wanted advice, I got it, no problem.
    BASC is way overpriced and unnecessary IMO. You can get as good, if not better for half the price elsewhere.
    Rich enough to pay for streaming services online 24/7, without subsidising a left wing organisation. 🖕

Thanks for the replies,

lots of further research to do before making a decision.

Dave
    Air Arms, Weihrauch, BSA, Crosman, and Baikal

Quote Originally Posted by ZAKDINGEL View Post
    Basc will still offer advice to members it only means that if your wanting to take action against someone you will have to pay the fees yourself --I also looked into Country cover but I was still very unsure basically because I didn't understand it ive stuck with basc for now im also a member of the countryside alliance
    What if someone is taking action against you? IE Someone saying one or more of your pellets damaged their property or injured their pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Harley_Steve View Post
    What if someone is taking action against you? IE Someone saying one or more of your pellets damaged their property or injured their pet.
    AS far as I no your covered for that sort of thing with the third party liability "hopefully never needed" I think the cover they have dropped is for them to pay for a case against you "ie the police not renewing your ticket"
    You will have to fit the bill yourself ?as far as I can tell maybe another member can help in this??

NSRA = nothing more than a rip off , they are trying to charge people twice for using their ranges and also will not give a set figure to our club on yearly charge they want it as and when they say and you have no choice but to pay or be booted nice huh , also the rumours are they are going broke and if their yearly accounts in the latest mag are anything to go by they will be bust in no time as they are out pricing the basic shooter .
    I would say avoid them at all cost

Quote Originally Posted by Harley_Steve View Post
    That's why you have the 3rd party cover,
    And that's the important bit to have to protect YOU from other people claiming for damage.

All the BASC have dropped is the "legal expenses" cover which is basically the equivalent of these 'no win no fee' ambulance chasers, for most people.

If you have motor insurance it's an extra they ask if you want to add on & charge extra for having.