Thread: Benchrest uk faq

Benchrest uk faq

Question How do I become a member of the Benchrest UK group ?

Answer You can find 2 ways to join Benchrest UK. Go to the join buy sell link and click on the red Benchrest UK logo, download and print the form off and post it to Benchrest UK at the given address. Please enclose your cheque and a recent photo of yourself.

You can go to the Benchrest UK store and pay via paypal. If you do this please send an email to membership@benchrestuk.com or post the form and enclose a recent photo of yourself for your membership card. Membership cards will be sent out in due course.

Question How much is membership?

Answer £25 a Year or £26 if paying by Paypal. Discounted to £10 for 2021 join now in store

Question What do I get for my membership?

Answer When you become a member it entitles you to shoot Benchrest UK Postal competitions and gives you a ½ Price Discount when entering shoots run by Benchrest UK. We run these throughout the year and around the country.

Question If it is a yearly membership when is the renewal due?

Answer November, membership runs From November to November.

Question How do I pay for membership?

Answer You can pay by cheque and send to the address on the membership form or you can go to the Benchrest UK store on the webpage and Pay by PayPal.

Question Is the renewal fee the same?

Answer Yes and you can pay the same way. If Renewing please put you membership number on the form.

Question What classes can be shot in the Postal competitions?

Answer Air Rifle – 25M Indoor and Outdoor LV and HV & Sporter

Rimfire – 25M Indoor LV and HV

Rimfire – 50M outdoor LV and HV & Sporter

Question What extras might I have to pay for?

Answer Your entry to the postal competitions is free but we do have a charge of 20p per target to cover the costs of targets used. For example if you shoot one class in the postal it will cost you £2.00 for the year + P&P Per each class shoot

Question Will membership be reduced if I only shoot for half a year

Answer No, membership is on an annual basis

Question When shooting the postal competition when and where do i have to send in my scores?

Answer Scores should be sent in asap or before the second Friday in the proceeding month and sent into the competition secretary.

Question who checks my scores?

Answer We do not ask you to send in your targets for scoring, targets can be scored by a designated person in your club and scores emailed to the competitions secretary at competitions@benchrestuk.com BenchrestUK will randomly ask clubs at some point to send in some scored targets to verify that the scoring is being done correctly.

Question Are my cards sent to a central place?

Answer No, targets are scored at your club and kept for the duration of the competition as they may be required to be sent back to to BenchrestUK to verify the scoring, if so an address will be provided.

Question How are cards scored?

Answer The cards are scored by your designated scorer with a . 22 plug

Question How do I raise a concern about the scoring?

Answer Any concerns over scoring can be emailed to our competition secretary who will advise.

Question How can I be assured people aren’t cheating?

Answer BenchrestUK send out all their targets already labelled with the name of the shooter, class and round stuck over the rear side of the target and stamped with our logo which cannot be removed. We do not replace competition targets or labels.

Question How often are shoots arranged?

Answer Bechrest UK Postal competition runs from March to January.

Benchrest UK run side by side discounted to members shoots throughout the year and around the country incorporating both Rimfire and Air rifle. These are advertised on the Benchrest UK website and our Facebook Page.

Question Can any member join in at a shoot?

Answer Yes all shoots
    Last edited by graham freeman; 18-11-2020 at 11:53 AM.

Out of interest is there any differentiation between 25yd indoor or outdoor shooting as I would think that shooters inside would have inherently higher scores due to no wind.
    ATB
    James