Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
Dave
I actually found the TR Robb seal quite firm. I got a 2018 stamped Airking in .177 earlier this year. Dropped a Tinbum kit with chopped/polished spring and did the recoil system modification (http://www.eddiecolwell.tzo.com/rws-54.htm). It’s one of my favourite springer, very accurate and consistent. Not too pellet fussy but prefers the wider diameters. Considering getting another in a larger calibre. Maybe the latest pro version.
Andy
Evening Andy.
There's some good tips there with those tuning tips. I do find the side lever can "clack" a little on closing on some models and gluing a sliver of rubber inside the cocking arm seems a good idea. This 2015 model I note had some in there and it looks neat. Unsure if it's a factory addition these days or an aftermarket fit. I can also see what the aim of the washer and the ball not fully locating in the hole 100% on the sledge. I wonder if the same could be achieved by simple adjustment and testing of the Allen head screw behind the ball bearing though? I'm also wary of ensuring no wear or damage is done to the ball bearing or the hole that the bearing sits into? How have you found that modification? An improvement?

The Airking has also become my favourite springer. I still have a soft spot for my HW80 but it hardly gets a look-in these days.
This particular gun came from your area and the previous owner advised it did well on Bisley Magnums. I've tried them and have to agree accuracy is superb and they double as a humane hunting pellet also.

I too am curious about the larger calibre in an Airking format. I am hoping that perhaps next summer I can choose a sheltered windless section of the farm and give the gun a go at some long range rested shooting maybe around the 100 yards mark to see how things perform. Certainly at a little over half that distance I've achieved some of the best accuracy I've been able to achieve ever.

The latest laminated Airking does seem to be a handsome beast eh?!
Dave