Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
Hi Dave I also agree with you Do you think that the safety catch is equal to the HW's?
I'm gonna have to give a politicians answer in that one Barry
I've personally never had an issue with the HW safety over the years and I purchased my HW80 in 1984 so that a few years now. I've had one or two a little dry and temperamental to apply but a strip, clean up and lube solves that easily. So much has been said of the Rekord over the years that I'm not really going to add to it here. It's very good in the least and clever people have made it better yet.
As regards the T06 and specifically the safety catch I find it excellent. It's is very visible to the eye, effective, well suited to thumb off, and of course has the advantage over a HW in that it is resettable. The latter point may be considered as relatively minor if good gun safety is adhered to, but I have had occasion where a grey has presented itself and I've geared for the shot only for the animal to disappear somewhere in the canopy. So it's a minor thing but can be useful I guess.
For me though it's the fact that the T06 is a marked improvement over the T05 which itself wasn't a shabby trigger mechanism. I've also got some older Diana's with the T01 mechanism which I get along with just fine. But I'll repeat here that I find the whole Diana trigger designation thing highly confusing and I just use the thing rather than try and research and understand the workings
I know you've been quite a proponent of the 460 Mag Barry, but has the Airking ever appealed to you? Ironically, whilst I've got a 460 it's been left as it arrived after import at German ME but clearly the cocking method and loading is simpler on them and I can see the appeal. It's obviously lighter than an Airking which some may see as quite a negative with that model.
Dave