Just started a strip down and relube on a third Diana Airking. I have to say that whilst I'm pretty impressed with these guns anyhow, this last gun, being the youngest at 2015 manufacture date seems to be the best constructed.
On all three models the spring to guide fit has been pretty good. Not quite a tight friction fit that you would get with a purpose made tune kit but more than acceptable for my purposes and not shabby enough to warrant lashing out on a full kit(in each case the springs have been in good order bar for the .25 Airking which unfortunately sheared but this one was long in the tooth anyhow).
In each case the port restrictor was removed, piston seal sized and the gun lubed and set for the limit.
I rarely if ever assemble a gun without a top hat these days no matter what make the gun is. I'm converted so to speak on their benefit. When you think of it, the notional negligible cost of these at manufacture means it's a shame that all springers are not fitted with them. Pat on the back for AA fitting them as standard on their guns.
This last gun had a particularly exceptional compression tube to action fit. It really couldn't be improved by an be beneficial degree. As indeed the same could be said of the rear piston skirt. I don't think this last gun has ever been apart and I was pleasantly surprised that the internal lube was way better than I'd given credit for and had found in earlier Diana's. Maybe the penny was finally dropping back in Germany?
Two of the guns have T05 trigger configurations, whilst this one has the latest T06. Having a number of Hw35s, 80s, a 99 and a 57 I can say with confidence this unit is to my mind the equal of the Record, though I know many would call me a heretic for saying so. I speak as I find.
Looking forward to getting this latest one together. I've had excellent accuracy out of all three including the .25 version which, for some reason I incorrectly assumed would have poor accuracy. I'd just assumed larger calibre guns don't give good accuracy. How wrong I was.
I've certainly matched and exceeded the accuracy I used to get from my 80 when I had my eye in with that. It's quite confidence inspiring.
Yes I'm really looking forward to getting this one back in one piece and inflicting some more punishment on the local greys.
Dave