Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Collecting.....blowing hot and cold

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Hi Ed,

The cased Juvenile found a very good home with me, as I was offered it around a year ago. Lovely example.

Kind Regards,

John
    That's good to know mate ........Do you remember the first time you saw it when I brought it to Bisley , I let you have a look at it, and you loaded it,took aim at the furthest spinner, hit it first time and said "what a gun"

ATB, ED
    Last edited by edbear2; 20-12-2020 at 07:25 AM.

I’d never call myself a collector. Currently got 9 rifles and 10 pistols.
    For me there’s a few dimensions to it.

I shoot FT, mainly springers. So I have a couple of rigs (LGU and 97K) in full FT stocks with big scopes.
    Also have a nice sorted FTP900 for when I want to play with the big boys. But it’s so clinical I get bored with shooting it on the range after a couple of dozen pellets.
    Then there’s usually a springer or two with a smaller scope in case I want to dabble in HFT, or just plink.
    Then I’ve got a little HW30S with dioptres for bell target.
    There’s my old HW77K lazaglide which is never getting sold.
    I like historic firearms so have a few BB and pellet replicas.
    A Crosman 600 because they’re plinking awesome.
    Steyr LP10 for pistol FT or very occasional 10M.

Beyond that it’s stuff I get when and because I fancy it. I picked up an Evanix bullpup because I just love the look of it, and it’s not a bad shooter either.

I have a list of stuff I coveted as a teenager but couldn’t afford back then. Occasionally pick one of those up. I have a long list of stuff that I owned but I moved on either because it wasn’t all that, or I got bored or I’d just scratched the itch and needed cash for something new. Several of those I regretted selling later.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    That's good to know mate ........Do you remember the first time you saw it when I brought it to Bisley , I oet you have a look at it, and you loaded it,took aim at the furthest spinner, hit it first time and said "what a gun"

ATB, ED
    Indeed Ed.

I'd forgotten about that first shot but do recall photographing it whilst turning green with envy!

Whenever I look at that cased rifle, it reminds me of that day at Bisley. The cased set now includes a contemporary edition of Air Rifle Shooting by Harry Berkley Score and I feel very fortunate to be its present custodian.

Kind regards,

John

I missed out on buying two of your rifles now Ed.
    The shortest and by the sound of it, the longest.

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    I missed out on buying two of your rifles now Ed.
    The shortest and by the sound of it, the longest.
    The longest was a hard decision mate, but I was feeling very shakey health wise for a couple of years or more and really thought I did not want to leave the missus a pile of stuff to do, got rid of a lot of stuff in my life over that period.

ATB, Ed

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    The longest was a hard decision mate, but I was feeling very shakey health wise for a couple of years or more and really thought I did not want to leave the missus a pile of stuff to do, got rid of a lot of stuff in my life over that period.

ATB, Ed
    Ah but I did get that Imp mod B. I also sold a few that I wish I had kept too.
    The “cut n shut” is the one I really would have loved.