Hi All,
Ok my latest compulsion has been the Walther LP53.....
Never owned on in my life but recently got two

As always I wanted to strip, clean, suss out and improve as much as I could, so selected the old first smooth model LP53.
My obsevations :

1 As it came = 350fps, firing cycle torquey and "slow"

2 After good clean and fitting a "Protek power pod pack" firing cycle drastically improved ! A tad harder to cock(nothing really) but very crisp low torque. 400fps

3 After fitting a mr robb PTFE piston washer = shit LOL all felt nice but fps = 320fps even after bedding in. !! Cause on inspection was clear, LP53 cylinder bore is not very true. Looking down the inside the were witness marks made over time where the casting of the handle part swelled the chamber a tad during casting/cooling and the piston had rubbed, anyway PTFE is hard and needs a perfect bore, this LP53 does not have that

4 Put the old leather washer unit in with original nylon front disk? But gave leather a rough up with sandpaper to get rubbish off and a soak over night in engine oil (yes I know but works for me )
fps now = 450fps

5 Put a 3mm preload under spring guide end , a tab more stiff to cock, but still very accecptabe fps = 475fps and a great firing feel vasty improved

6 Stripping and putting this back together is easy !!! BUT only once you have the knack !!

ATB