Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CO2 10M Match pistols

CO2 10M Match pistols

As they currently seem really good value s/h, I have been thinking about picking up one or two of the 1990s CO2 match pistols. Something like an FWB LP2, C10, C20, C25; Walther CP2, CPM1; Steyr LP, etc.

I’d be using it as an informal “precision plinker”, not for actual competitions. So, while it would be interesting to hear views, I’m less interested in answering the question “which is the best choice for organised/serious competition?” (I imagine they are all bloody good, compared to say, my FWB80 or Diana LP10) and more in reliability, ease of use, ease of recharging, ease of servicing, availability of spares, and so on.

Traditionally, I’m an FWB fan, but the Steyr looks nice...

Thanks in advance.

I find the CO2 (bulk) pistol have more of a gentle discharge compared to PCPs.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

I have a couple of these and by far the best is the CPM1, most co2 pistols of this vintage are heavy by today’s standards and nose heavy at that due to generally steel co2 tanks. The CPM1 gets round this by having the tank vertical just in front of the trigger. You also get modern sights set up and spares seem to be available via a couple of sources and reasonably priced. Co 2 bulk fill is what this was designed for and I have a 5kg fire extinguisher which will last for ages, if the one your looking at doesn’t have one the adaptor to fill from a extinguisher they are available. There are a number of posts around here that cover in detail the how to’s of CO2, they have all the info on what to do and how to use, gets a set of digital scales. You will also have one of the coolest looking guns out there, mine is silver with blue laminate stock.

CPM-1 manual

Hi. I am looking at a Walther CPM-1. Does anyone have a copy or scan of the manual. I would like to get one to check out. Thanks.

Hi, I have a manual with mine, would be happy to copy and send, send me a pm with your address

Lovely pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post

Lovely pistols.
    That’s the same as mine, isn’t it just stunning to look at. Shooting tens just looking at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgibbar View Post
    That’s the same as mine, isn’t it just stunning to look at. Shooting tens just looking at it.
    I really don’t like things without trigger guards.

Rationally, I know that it doesn’t need one for its specific niche purpose, but it just feels wrong.

I’d be very grateful for any further thoughts on my enquiry.

Imo, the Tau 7 is one of the best buys for money.
    Big advantage above all others mentioned is that it can use 12gr bulbs as well, which is FAR easier than bulkfill.
    Because of the non-detachable cilinder, you dont have issues with cilinder being out of date date either.
    They're also still made upto this day, so no servicing because of old seals necessary.
    Theyre very easy in build so easy to service yrself if necessary.
    Only downside may be the standard grip size.
    I have several Tau 7s, and Ive had Steyr and Morini and Walther and Aeron pcps, but non of the pcps I shoot better than the Tau (in 360s of 400 and Im not a very good shot)
    Theyre easy to load and handle, spares you can buy directly from the Tau website
    ATB,
    yana

Hello to All,

As an aside, I get around sixty-five (65) shots on average per 12g CO2 caplet in my Tau7 Match.

For me, the Tau 7 Match is a lovely pistol to shoot, with an excellent trigger

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ

I have quite a few bits of old iron hanging around, mainly SSP’s and CO2 and for ease of use, consistency and fun I do find myself using my TAU 7 quite a lot, not as much as the CPM1 but nearly. I get 85 shots out of mine before I run out of liquid CO2 which is more than enough for a AP60 match (if you need more than 5 sighters you might need to do some more training), which is because it’s easy to adjust the power output (within reason). Best bet will be to see if you can find someone or a shooting club where there is a range of pistols and ask nicely if you can try them to see which suits you. Or like most here buy lots then find out which one you like most till you buy another and then you will always have one to go back to remind you how good the new one (CPM1j is compared to the old one (Original 6g).

FWB C20 - expensive but super quality

[IMG]1 by Mark Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]

Feg GPM-02 or 01 with Match Grip- cheaper but well made and can use bulk fill or powerlets

[IMG]DSC02781 by Mark Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]

I have a Feg , FWB modell 2 ,and a Walther CP2

All good. I prefer the FWB for balance and low sight line.

The Feg uses capsules ,the other two are bulk fill which is fine when you have learnt how to do it
    Actually as easy as a pcp fill and the extinguishers are cheap and last a long time.

All three of mine were £250 each which I think is good value.

I could never get on with the FEG I owned. I much prefer the FWB or Walther CP.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post

Lovely pistols.
    interesting thread

also intresting to me as I have an earlier offering, an aged Walther 'CP' pistol that I bought ~15 years ago as a project - has what I've been led to believe is the common broken firing-pin & I've been too busy to fix it

has had a bit of use in a past life...

simple sight with lots of adjustment, also has a 'dry-fire' option, guessing for trigger practace?

one-day project

Rich.
    Rich. https://i.imgur.com/6sXOoGi.jpg my MPR's & mk1 TX200
    repeat Burris owner (now have 8)