Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which 4x32?

Which 4x32?

Gents,
    I need some advise...
    I am looking for a (few) extreme lightweight scope with very good glass to put on my rapids.
    Seems like the fixed 4x32 format would be well fitting.
    But which?
    My ideal would be the Leupold 4x28 �� but thats a bit to expensive.
    There are the Tascos of various age and form, the Optimates, etc

Which would you advise I start my search on the www for?

Mike

I appreciate that this is not remotely helpful given the price new, but being 'unsexy' you can pick them up at a heavy discount 2nd hand occasionally...

I have a Leupold FXII 4x33, absolutely lovely glass, cracking little scope. Will never ever sell this on, should you see one second hand, snap it up!

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by MickelB View Post
    Gents,
    I need some advise...

My ideal would be the Leupold 4x28 �� but thats a bit to expensive.

Mike
    That 4x28 looks totally boss, save up and get one of those! Don't settle for something clunkier, after all its going on a Rapid and that is an expensive piece of kit so deserves something good...

I have a gloss Jap "Hunter" 4x32 it's blxxdy lovely, really sharp crisp image
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

I have an Optima and a Meopta 4x32, they’re in a class apart - beautiful.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

4 x 32

Got S&B, Zeiss, Swarovski and my favourite is a Cindy shooting shop vixen 4 x 32..says it all really. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Got S&B, Zeiss, Swarovski and my favourite is a Cindy shooting shop vixen 4 x 32..says it all really. Mach 1.5
    What no Tasco AG4x32 Mach, or have you miss that one out of your top of the range 4x32's ?

A lot of the old Japan made 4x32's really are in a better class than just about anything on offer today.

Where as German made 4x32's should be on every fixed mag shooters bucket list..
    Last edited by HW777; 22-11-2020 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Bucket list
    Hw77+7

I love a nice, compact 4x32 and I have many such scopes on rifles and not felt the need for more glass. I have never had the pleasure of ownership of one of the more expensive, up-market ones and can only imagine how nice they'd be. Over the years I've been happy with the Nikko Gold Crown scopes and, in more recent times, the Gold Crown Air King ones.

Would love a "top-end" one, one day.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

4 x 32

Yep got the tasco AG, kassner Beta 3 etc but the little vixen 4 x 32 pa is my favourite. Craig P mention the Meopta 4 x 32 again, lovely scope and bombproof build but difficult to find these days. Mach 1.5

Yep got the tasco AG, kassner Beta 3 etc but the little vixen 4 x 32 pa is my favourite. Craig P mention the Meopta 4 x 32 again, lovely scope and bombproof build but difficult to find these days. Mach 1.5
    I considered parting with it the other week, mate - I’d not used it for ages.
    But a quick look through it made me wrap it back up and put it in the safe...
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Interesting read fellas. It sorta lead me to start the WTC thread as I started searching around t'interwebs for a decent dinky scope for my little badger. Even my 2-7 x 33 looks massive on it so size really does matter!

I will be keeping my eyes peeled in the sales section......

I have a Doctor 4x32 with the German post reticle.
    It’s got great glass,but I would definitely change the ret for a 30/30 duplex type if I could.
    I also have a nice Nikko sterling 4x32 on my FWB Sport that’s lovely and bright.
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Interesting read fellas. It sorta lead me to start the WTC thread as I started searching around t'interwebs for a decent dinky scope for my little badger. Even my 2-7 x 33 looks massive on it so size really does matter!

I will be keeping my eyes peeled in the sales section......
    What about a Beeman SS ?
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Which reticle does the Vixen sport and is it another one of those Japan made scopes that was rebadged under a lot of different scope brands, I'm guessing the glass on this scope suits your eye ?

I do have a Meopta 4x32 with a 4A multi point ret, it is a nice scope but the one I have is in dire need of a factory refurbishment.
    Hw77+7

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    What about a Beeman SS ?

That is a thing of beauty! I will start a fruitless search immediately