Thread: Pellet probe o-ring

Pellet probe o-ring

Having removed the old o-ring on the pellet probe of my Daystate Huntsman, I'm now looking for helpful suggestions on fitting the new one? It's the stiffer FAC one, I've tried the dental floss trick but that cut the o-ring in half, and most of my fingernails are broken now.

All help appreciated!

Lubricant, is usually the answer to tight O rings
    If you don't have any Molykote, saliva is often enough.

Having a warm O ring may help, but only body heat level temps, ie put it in your pocket for an hour

Pellet probe o ring

Bill 57
    I have a 40 ftlb Air Ranger so the same probe as you. A couple of years ago Daystate sent me some freebie o rings. One of which was the pellet probe and it fitted very easily and must have been the 12 ftlb version, but still lasted two or more years so that's an option assuming you have an FAC Huntsman. Recently i needed to renew and ordered the FAC ones which are brittle. I took the entire cocking bolt out (not a big deal as had done it before), so gave me a lot more purchase and using a pin like a strong safety pin I got inside the seal with it as far up the probe as possible and just lifted it up slightly from one side used my fingers on the other side managed to roll it on.
    It did seem at first I would never be able to do it, but its on and all is well. Good luck.

Golf224

It’s been awhile since I had a Daystate but the last probe o ring I replaced on one, I think I used a cut up small straw eg manipulate the o ring on to the straw pull bolt back and slide straw over the probe and then transfer o ring from the straw to probe

Thanks guys.

I've ordered some non-fac ones to try, I'd rather change them frequently and easily than endure this struggle! I haven't stripped a Huntsman as far as removing the bolt/pellet probe, but that'll have to be the option if it proves too difficult.