Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hard and Soft Pellets

Quote Originally Posted by BTDT View Post
    Thanks, Tony.

I'm hoping Phil will expand his pellet (rod) test to include H&N FTT and RWS Hobby.
    Quote Originally Posted by BTDT View Post
    Thanks for that, Phil. Suggests the Superdome and Hobby are probably the same alloy, which makes sense from the manufacturer's viewpoint.
    Very handy, thanks for that, Jim and Phil.

The Hobby and FTT are pellets that I use a lot, so of interest.

I always guessed the Hobby would be in that softer range (doesn't take a genius to guess, I suppose) and, as I mentioned in an earlier post, for many years I would only use Hobby and Superdome as I guessed the composition would be, at the least, very similar, so my barrels may not mind switching between the two?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Very handy, thanks for that, Jim and Phil.

The Hobby and FTT are pellets that I use a lot, so of interest.

I always guessed the Hobby would be in that softer range (doesn't take a genius to guess, I suppose) and, as I mentioned in an earlier post, for many years I would only use Hobby and Superdome as I guessed the composition would be, at the least, very similar, so my barrels may not mind switching between the two?
    I never had any accuracy issues arise from switching between Hobby and Superdome, Tony.

I've always tended to judge pellet hardness by how much the pellet skirt flares out, which is probably why I call JSB's 7.3 & 8.4 grain pellets barrel huggers.
    Hw77+7