Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sight help please 2240 crosman

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Easily done, evert. Sorry, I don't have any dimensions. Wondering if any images from sites like G-Mac, Chambers or Knibbs might help, or on-line tutorials? Maybe you could count the coils and compare if no-one were to come forward with the dimensions?
    The dimensions I find online are for extra power springs.

IF I was able to identify the correct springs, a stock 2240 hammer spring gives about 450fps with RWS 14,5grs superpoints.
    The cut down spring in the gun has a bit thicker wire, is shorter, and gives abiut 420fps with the same pellets, and is more comfortable to shoot in the basement.

I just ordered springs from that bay-place, 10 each of 0,8 x 7 x 50mm and 0,9 x 7 x 50mm.
    That will give me room for some cutting

Excellent. I shall look forward to your findings, sir. In the meantime if I do get the chance to have a play I will try to conduct an abbreviated test......as in measure power, shot count and accuracy with the standard spring and then the same with a shorter or weaker one. The G-Mac power spring with spring guide (I don't have a lathe) but then shortened appeals.......
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    ......as in measure power, shot count and accuracy with the standard spring and then the same with a shorter or weaker one. The G-Mac power spring with spring guide (I don't have a lathe) but then shortened appeals.......
    Can you get some measurements of the original spring?

I think you will be dissapointed if you're expecting a weaker hammer spring to be a replacement for a silencer.
    I have shot 2240s in HFT competition and find them to be remarkably consistent for a CO2 gun, even in very cold temperatures - I would expect messing with hammer spring will make things worse.
    Really, just try clamping a bit of metal to your silencer adaptor with a small jubilee clip, or a fuel hose clamp.

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    Can you get some measurements of the original spring?
    Hi evert, I've not worked on it yet. Parts not even ordered yet. As soon as I do I will let you know, if you haven't had the information already.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!