Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crosman 600 gone up in value!!

These are the two types of boxes and pistols I've had in my collection:

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post

Apropos nothing, I have just got Fletchers book on the 160 series, and it struck me that no small part of crosmans appeal from the “golden years” is the visual design of the boxes, leaflets, adverts etc. The book says they got someone’s niece fresh out of college to do what I guess we would now call the visual identity. Fresh out of college or not she did a great job
    Morally flawed

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post

As good as it gets for the Cr600 David👍 1st series in the correct 'Rocket' box and the last 3rd series with steel trigger, ball safety lever and the push button charging unit in the widely recognised Crosman red and black boxes.

We won't talk about the aluminium or brass valves internally

As has been previously posted when some early models went back to a network of service stations that Crosman had across the US some early pistols got free upgrades - hence why you can come across anomalies in the individual pistols that are currently in circulation and collections.

Repo boxes

They look very smart in the boxes. Are reproduction boxes available for them?

I bought the best boxed one the late Keith Bayliss had for sale.
    Be three years ago now

Might get my money back one day.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGunn View Post
    They look very smart in the boxes. Are reproduction boxes available for them?
    Earlier in this thread it was mentioned that someone in Wales was making repro. 600 boxes.
    I did repros. of the Rocket box lid and inner labels ages a go for someone else, and am in the process of making an extended box for one of my 600's with an extended barrel, but haven't made any others.
    Someone did ask if I could make some other Crosman boxes, but as I don't have an A3 printer I couldn't do the labels.