Thread: Aa s510 carbine

Aa s510 carbine

I’m i right in thinking that the air cyclinder on the air arms s510 carbine in a classic length one,has it looks longer than the carbine cyclinder

Current 510s are called carbines but have the standard 400mm cylinder, the 510 Ultimate Sporters have the 300mm carbine cylinder.

When I first had my S510 a decade ago it had the short cylinder. I was chatting to Bill Saunders at a Game Fair and suggested I could see no reason why the longer cylinder should not be fitted; he agreed, and took my action back to the factory, where it was fitted with the longer cylinder.

Not too long afterwards, I noticed that the longer cylinder had become standard on the S510.

I went the opposite route and cut the shroud down and fitted the mod to barrel, much better in my opinion, made it nice and handy, and A/A followed with the Ultimate Sporter, beat them to it LOL

When they first came out the S510 had the short tube & was imo a much nicer looking, & better balanced, rifle I had both .22 & .177.

Going by my old AGW buyers guides 2008 - 2011 models had the short tube then in 2012 they changed the standard model to the longer tube.
    the S510 super-lite had the short tube for the first few years, but that changed for 2014.