Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Webley Tempest

Who has a cased Tempest? These cases were sold by Webley for both Hurricane and Tempest, but there doesn't seem to be many about.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    Who has a cased Tempest? These cases were sold by Webley for both Hurricane and Tempest, but there doesn't seem to be many about.

WoW!, never seen one before...

cases

Allways on the lookout for such lovely items as those cases, not been lucky yet. But i have two of the canvas type fitted cases which are reproduction ones superbly made by Dave Lewis if you know him. also a black leather type complete with senior which could be original.Pictures are on page 89 of Gordon Bruce book of Webley pistols.
    Roly.

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    Oh sweet baby Jesus, those cases are chuffin lovely! 😍
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyBob View Post

And not very common at all. The only ones I've ever seen in the flesh were in gunsmiths shops years ago.

Webley case

HI, never seen one of these before, just today, I came across a webley tempest, that was brought back from the USA, but the white poly insert,has a large square,cut out, were the pellet tin,usually is, and a large cardboard box of crossman usa, pellets, must be at least a thousand in the box, [box around the size, of those pint carton of custard ],sorry but just packed it away again,so only guessing, also the whole box/and insert, about a third bigger than the uk one,[, mk2 tempest the later brown box type ], just thought, anyone know if the power has been tweeked for the USA,thanks,chaps.
    Last edited by basa; 24-11-2020 at 11:48 PM.

I must be in the minority, I don't care about boxes, instructions or cases, but I like webley pistols... And use them.. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Allways on the lookout for such lovely items as those cases, not been lucky yet. But i have two of the canvas type fitted cases which are reproduction ones superbly made by Dave Lewis if you know him. also a black leather type complete with senior which could be original.Pictures are on page 89 of Gordon Bruce book of Webley pistols.
    Roly.
    Yes, I do know Dave Lewis and have seen some of his reproductions. I'm not sure if he's replicated the later black rexine covered cases such as you describe, so yours could well be original and worth as much as an original Webley canvas and leather case.
    The plastic case I've shown with the Tempest was not of the same construction as the earlier cases, which, I suspect, is why not that many were sold.
    The one I've pictured is now in someone else's collection, but I still have one with a Nemesis in it which I will photograph in due course, and still have an original black lid Tempest box complete with pistol and outer sleeve. I've also still got a Tempest in the later brown cardboard box.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    IIRC those plastic cases were being sold off as old stock by a dealer many years ago... But they seemed like a daft idea at the time (when Tempests weren't as collectable as they are now) to carry your gun as if they came undone it would just fall out to the ground - unlike most top fastening pistol cases/slips.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    IIRC those plastic cases were being sold off as old stock by a dealer many years ago... But they seemed like a daft idea at the time (when Tempests weren't as collectable as they are now) to carry your gun as if they came undone it would just fall out to the ground - unlike most top fastening pistol cases/slips.
    As far as I can remember I bought a few of the plastic cases direct from Webley in the eighties, along with some of the later brown cardboard boxes with inserts whilst they still had a few remaining. I agree the design of the case was not perfect for the reason you quote, but the press studs are pretty secure.

Had 2 boxed Tempest, sold them to make room.
    I now have the boxed Hurricane and Typhone. One is cased like the 1 from Troubledshooter.
    Bot theyre not new. (anymore)
    ATB,
    yana

Tempest.

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyBob View Post
    Glad to see your getting the Christian attitude with Christmas coming up.

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Glad to see your getting the Christian attitude with Christmas coming up.
    Right religious me... Praise the Lord!
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

Oh sweet Jesus I have a tempest still boxed but that is another level

2 Tempests in both calibers (without box).
    A Typhoon 4.5mm
    A Hurricane .22
    And a Tempest .22 with luxory box
    ATB,
    yana