Thread: Webley Tempest

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....

Webley Tempest

Just wondering how many Tempest fans have one in each calibre?

I've had .22 before but really fancy having one of each... somebody talk sense and tell me it's just an over indulgence!
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

I’ve had both, but a .177 Tempest is for shandies! Get 2 in .22, and keep them both together with a tub of pellets in a Flambeau pistol case like a set of dueling pistols. You can open it with a flourish when the BBQ gets a bit boring, and challenge your pal to a duel (at tin cans- don’t get carried away with the analogy!)

If the question had been about only having two premiers, one of each calibre, I fear some of the learned members would have had a heart attack

Anyway I do have a tempest in each calibre and yes it is just an over indulgence
    Morally flawed

Quote Originally Posted by JMH123 View Post
    I’ve had both, but a .177 Tempest is for shandies! Get 2 in .22, and keep them both together with a tub of pellets in a Flambeau pistol case like a set of dueling pistols. You can open it with a flourish when the BBQ gets a bit boring, and challenge your pal to a duel (at tin cans- don’t get carried away with the analogy!)
    Haha, well I do like the odd shandy...
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

Thanks gents, as expected no one has suggested being sensible, so I've got one of each coming.

I still like the idea of duelling Tempests for the garden but I'll refrain from the subject of which calibre will have an advantage...
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

I have one in each calibre. Loads to love.

Both and length 🙄🙄

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyBob View Post

I've had .22 before but really fancy having one of each... somebody talk sense and tell me it's just an over indulgence!
    I have both original Birmingham made Tempests and the later Turkish Tempests in both calibres. So what does that make me?
    I prefer .177 calibre in both pistols and have found the Turkish pistols to be at least equal to their British made counterparts
    Brian

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyBob View Post

One in each calibre and then one each trigger variation and an example with the brown grips; the nice boxed set both calibres; the boring cardboard box both calibres; the Turkish one in its box (its actually quite nice though a monster to cock it as it has a stronger spring). Just missing the Centennial (if anyone has one for sale...).

I got rather carried away when they were deleted from production first time around.

Quote Originally Posted by ogilkes View Post
    One in each calibre and then one each trigger variation and an example with the brown grips; the nice boxed set both calibres; the boring cardboard box both calibres; the Turkish one in its box (its actually quite nice though a monster to cock it as it has a stronger spring). Just missing the Centennial (if anyone has one for sale...).

I got rather carried away when they were deleted from production first time around.
    Hi Ollie,

You'll need to add an Export Beeman version to your haul and did you know the early black box came in two variations: one with a green Webley logo and the other red?

John

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Hi Ollie,

You'll need to add an Export Beeman version to your haul and did you know the early black box came in two variations: one with a green Webley logo and the other red?

John
    Arrrggghhh!! Beeman Tempests are like hens teeth over here.

The boxes, yes, I have one of each. It used to be fairly easy to find them, but those I have seen of late are more and more scrappy. Its the hoarders, who needs toilet paper.

Quote Originally Posted by ogilkes View Post
    Arrrggghhh!! Beeman Tempests are like hens teeth over here.

The boxes, yes, I have one of each. It used to be fairly easy to find them, but those I have seen of late are more and more scrappy. Its the hoarders, who needs toilet paper.

John