Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Webley Tempest

I can't believe I missed this thread first time round. Obviously not paying close enough attention.

Yes I remember those plastic cases from 1994 David - mine is the one pictured in Gordon Bruce's book. As far as I recall, they were not supplied with pistols by the factory but offered as an optional extra by the factory for around a tenner. I never did get the larger version intended for the Hurricane but still have the Tempest case.

Other than the Turkish version, I think I have or have owned most variations of Tempest and box over the years, including the Beeman version, which I intend to feature in Airgun World hopefully in the near future. It is fully accessorised with Beeman branded items and is as complete as it can be. In fact, it was a limited edition sold at the time of Beeman's 25th business anniversary.

Who remembers the two barrelled Streatham Special from Streatham Armoury during the 90s?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UwvNzkYXVbsiz2kc8

John M

I do remember the two barrelled Streatham Tempests, but have never seen one. I did think about buying one, but at the time but had other collecting priorities.
    The plastic case shown in this thread containing the Tempest is now in someone else's collection, but I still have the larger Hurricane sized case which currently comfortably houses a Nemesis.

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post

2 Tempests in both calibers (without box).
    A Typhoon 4.5mm
    A Hurricane .22
    And a Tempest .22 with luxory box

I wouldn't call the plastic case a 'Luxury' case as it's only a fairly flimsy plastic case, but the later case produced for the Turkish Tempest certainly is more of a Luxury case, and cost a lot more as well.

It's a great shame the nice packaging and associated drawings on the box lids of the later Tempests disappeared to be replaced with a plain old cardboard box without the colourful artwork.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    Who has a cased Tempest? These cases were sold by Webley for both Hurricane and Tempest, but there doesn't seem to be many about.

I bought one of these cases for my Tempest last year from Mr. Gen on this forum. Not sure if that’s where your one ended up.
    Not super tough but nice accessories. Would love one for my Hurricane.

Cheers,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    I bought one of these cases for my Tempest last year from Mr. Gen on this forum. Not sure if that’s where your one ended up.
    Not super tough but nice accessories. Would love one for my Hurricane.

Cheers,
    Matt
    No, mine did not go to Mr.Gen.
    My Hurricane case is already spoken for when I decide to sell it.

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    It's a great shame the nice packaging and associated drawings on the box lids of the later Tempests disappeared to be replaced with a plain old cardboard box without the colourful artwork.
    Brian
    Yes, when I bought Tempest a while back I remembered the lovely boxed sets, and was a bit dischuffed to be handed an dreary old cardboard box! I presume Webley bought a stock, inserts when the decided to offer the Hurricane without the scope and then when the ran out went for the cheaper option as a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyBob View Post
    Just wondering how many Tempest fans have one in each calibre?

I've had .22 before but really fancy having one of each... somebody talk sense and tell me it's just an over indulgence!
    One in each calibre and then one each trigger variation and an example with the brown grips; the nice boxed set both calibres; the boring cardboard box both calibres; the Turkish one in its box (its actually quite nice though a monster to cock it as it has a stronger spring). Just missing the Centennial (if anyone has one for sale...).

I got rather carried away when they were deleted from production first time around.

Quote Originally Posted by ogilkes View Post
    One in each calibre and then one each trigger variation and an example with the brown grips; the nice boxed set both calibres; the boring cardboard box both calibres; the Turkish one in its box (its actually quite nice though a monster to cock it as it has a stronger spring). Just missing the Centennial (if anyone has one for sale...).

I got rather carried away when they were deleted from production first time around.
    Hi Ollie,

You'll need to add an Export Beeman version to your haul and did you know the early black box came in two variations: one with a green Webley logo and the other red?

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Hi Ollie,

You'll need to add an Export Beeman version to your haul and did you know the early black box came in two variations: one with a green Webley logo and the other red?

John
    Arrrggghhh!! Beeman Tempests are like hens teeth over here.

The boxes, yes, I have one of each. It used to be fairly easy to find them, but those I have seen of late are more and more scrappy. Its the hoarders, who needs toilet paper.

Quote Originally Posted by ogilkes View Post
    Arrrggghhh!! Beeman Tempests are like hens teeth over here.

The boxes, yes, I have one of each. It used to be fairly easy to find them, but those I have seen of late are more and more scrappy. Its the hoarders, who needs toilet paper.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    I wouldn't call the plastic case a 'Luxury' case as it's only a fairly flimsy plastic case, but the later case produced for the Turkish Tempest certainly is more of a Luxury case, and cost a lot more as well.
    No matter how nice the case is; its still a turk. Nobody wants a turk. You can give a monkey a golden ring it still remains an ugly thing
    ATB,
    yana