Thread: Lead free pellets

Lead free pellets

Been trying out the jsb lead free pellets for potential use in hft. I found that on 8 yarders occasionally i get either ricochet or pellet splatter coming back at me ( cant tell which) could it be target faceplate angle? Im running them at 875fps ( about 11.5 ft/lbs) Anyone else experienced this?
    Old Gits FT springer World champion 2017 & 2018

i had similar issues with h and n FTT green. You could feel it on your face with short range and steep shots.

Have you tried them at any distance yet? When the FTT Greens first came out we gave some to one of our customers. He reported that they flew fast and flat but there wasn't enough residual energy at 45 yards to knock down a target.

Knocking over targets when you hit them was no problem. Trying to hit a 35mm target at 45 was interesting to say the least. Especially when a bit of wind appeared. up to 30 yards they were spot on. Maybe could be used for 25yd BR? Needles to say I wont be purchasing any in the near future.
    It does raise the ? of is 8 yard target too close? If you binned the 8 yarder you would have to compensate for it. 10 yards 15mm or add 2 yards to max range? That could be interesting
    Old Gits FT springer World champion 2017 & 2018

Quote Originally Posted by poison dwarf View Post
    Been trying out the jsb lead free pellets for potential use in hft. I found that on 8 yarders occasionally i get either ricochet or pellet splatter coming back at me ( cant tell which) could it be target faceplate angle? Im running them at 875fps ( about 11.5 ft/lbs) Anyone else experienced this?
    875fps w/what Weight. Pellet. 11.75 gr JSB non-lead= 19.98flb.....Franky

I would imagine Exact lead free 177 @ 6.79gr. The hn ftt green are even lighter at 5.71gr.