Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New restrictions on the way?

Quote Originally Posted by jjjohn View Post
    This happened 10 mins from me.
    I didn't realise it was an FAC gun,also of course it was an accident a very tragic accident.
    If it was an FAC even though it was unintentional etc the chap got 3 years,what happened to the 5 year ruling?

https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk...ces-published/
    Maximum sentence not what the sentence will be .

The gun control network consisted of these people in 2016

The self-described “network” has just four members: former Labour MP Bob Marshall-Andrews; his wife Gill, who has given herself the title “chair” of the club; one of Gill’s friends, Christine Hall; and Brighton academic Peter Squires.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ukshoot...ity-again/amp/

So don't moan on a shooting site,
    Download and READ the full proposals then REPLY to it pointing out the failings, laws already exist, lack of training etc.

iirc the "gun control network" was the local anti gun, MP from the area where a child was shot,
    they have other parents of victims on their side so have the sympathy vote of many people who otherwise don't have a clue about shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Maximum sentence not what the sentence will be .
    Thanks pal,all this time I thought being in possession of a gun even slightly over 12 ft pounds would result in a no excuse crime = 5 years in the nick.
    I along with others have heated up and flattened a spring coil in hase before a ''knock on the door'' after chronoing a gun.