Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's your No1 reach for shooting iron atm

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Spill the beans Craigy!
    Long way to go yet, mate
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Original 45. Oldie but goodie.

Quote Originally Posted by HW55T View Post
    But which one has had the most pellets through it in the last month ?
    In the last month I'd have to say the 2240 mini-carbine. Even though it's my least accurate gun. All down to being restricted to garden use.

Over the last six months.....the Mercury S, due to fettling it in January and trying out / pellet testing.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Long way to go yet, mate
    Shall we start a sleepometer?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Similar to the OP I'm shooting my factory tyrolean webley Vulcan. It's SFS tuned and has a chambers trigger. It's a cracking little gun and is helping me take the edge off my squirrel plague.
    Best Regards

Simon

I've got some slug guns.

Oh that’s a hard question to answer I have different rifles for different types of shoot and weather conditions. If have to put my hand on my heart for a all rounder I would say my trusty R10 it’s never let me down at all over the years. It is a very early one built just after the MK2s came in.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Red Wolf for target shooting - I've got more toys to play with when lock down ends
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

No1 reach for

For the pigeons - 2013 Meteor in .22. Find the HW35 a bit heavy at the mo, due to minor health issues.
    Plinking - trying to make up my mind between a Hurricane & Tempest in .177.

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Quote Originally Posted by LESS THAN FORTUITOUS KENNETH View Post
    Original 45. Oldie but goodie.
    A true classic up there with the best from that era.
    Hw77+7

For me it has to be my FAC FX Wildcat mk2, it's just so light and accurate. Perfect for squirrel bashing.
    One shot, one kill. Not luck, just skill.

Theres one gun that I trust, which tends to follow me to the cabin, and that is my old well worn full length .177 Supersport.
    It wears a 4x28 Weaver rimfire scope and a home made, home blued steel muzzle weight.
    This gun was my first british springer- and after I realized how good it is, it has probably been the reason I spend too much money on airguns.

The Supersport (I have several, but this one is "The" Supersport) is set up with a mystery spring that came from a friend, and with a delrin tophat and guide it performs really nice at about 11fpe. It had become a bit buzzy lately, so it probably need a larger guide if the spring is starting to open up from a lot of shooting- this is probably the spring and gun I have shot the most over the years.

I have never had any issues with this gun, it just keeps shooting at the same spot, and the accuracy is good to great as long as it gets a quality pellet.
    It prefers 7,9 or 8,4grs JSBs, but shoots good with a lot of other pellets too.

My most used has been the rapid. 20 fac for the last 6 months
    Falcon Prairie CS.22 Huntsmans .20 Theoben .20 & .22 FAC

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    Theres one gun that I trust, which tends to follow me to the cabin, and that is my old well worn full length .177 Supersport.
    It wears a 4x28 Weaver rimfire scope and a home made, home blued steel muzzle weight.
    This gun was my first british springer- and after I realized how good it is, it has probably been the reason I spend too much money on airguns.

The Supersport (I have several, but this one is "The" Supersport) is set up with a mystery spring that came from a friend, and with a delrin tophat and guide it performs really nice at about 11fpe. It had become a bit buzzy lately, so it probably need a larger guide if the spring is starting to open up from a lot of shooting- this is probably the spring and gun I have shot the most over the years.

I have never had any issues with this gun, it just keeps shooting at the same spot, and the accuracy is good to great as long as it gets a quality pellet.
    It prefers 7,9 or 8,4grs JSBs, but shoots good with a lot of other pellets too.
    I've had 2 BSA Supersports, first was a standard length .22 and shot very well, second was a .177 mk2 carbine which was a bit too lively for my liking.

I'm sure I still have the end cap from the muzzle thingy were you could screw in a mod
    Hw77+7

Quote Originally Posted by HW55T View Post
    I've had 2 BSA Supersports, first was a standard length .22 and shot very well, second was a .177 mk2 carbine which was a bit too lively for my liking.

I'm sure I still have the end cap from the muzzle thingy were you could screw in a mod
    Those end caps seem to accumulate! But the muzzle thingy is getting harder to find.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Shall we start a sleepometer?
    I honestly think you’d feel cheated by the outcome(s)
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation