Thread: Firearms saftey consultation - inculdes airguns & minature rifle ranges

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Firearms saftey consultation - inculdes airguns & minature rifle ranges

Quote Originally Posted by JB101 View Post
    I cannot see how it would not be in everybody's interests to respond as individuals to this consultation.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Please take the time to fill it in, it's our future, and if we don't have a say then we can hardly complain later.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Filled it in, but until reading it fully, didn't know/realise that a mini air rifle range (like you get at a fair ground) are the same as a mini .22 rimfire range - no regulations on who can run them

Having read through the entire document, by & large I think it's extremely fair, with most of the extra measures suggested being common sense.

About the only item I don't like is raising the age for airguns on private land,
    anyone who grows up on a farm knows that youngsters with airguns do a lot of vermin control, because of farm animals they are invariably well trained about safety especially proper back stops backstops.

The only serious problem I see with UK firearms rules is the difficulty in youngsters getting proper training, largely due to the paranoia of non shooters,
    that situation has yet to be addressed, & should be asap.

I will be responding & highlighting the final point, to prevent accidents you need to train in the safe handling of firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Having read through the entire document, by & large I think it's extremely fair, with most of the extra measures suggested being common sense.

About the only item I don't like is raising the age for airguns on private land,
    anyone who grows up on a farm knows that youngsters with airguns do a lot of vermin control, because of farm animals they are invariably well trained about safety especially proper back stops backstops.

The only serious problem I see with UK firearms rules is the difficulty in youngsters getting proper training, largely due to the paranoia of non shooters,
    that situation has yet to be addressed, & should be asap.

I will be responding & highlighting the final point, to prevent accidents you need to train in the safe handling of firearms.
    Must admit to not liking the idea of keeping the highest power guns at a range, to me, that's just asking for break-ins

Quote Originally Posted by SuffolkRifle View Post
    Must admit to not liking the idea of keeping the highest power guns at a range, to me, that's just asking for break-ins
    Very good point, as I doubt many ranges are manned 24/7.
    Plus I expect anyone wanting such a gun could/would obtain it from Eastern Europe anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SuffolkRifle View Post
    Then your mistaken. The security at a club is typically higher than at a home Inc. alarms and secured testing.

Many clubs do hold weapons on site....either the clubs rifles and members equipment too. Monitored systems allow for visual and audio confirmation as well so police can respond with ARU's if required and avoids members having to go on site.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill