Thread: HW75 upgrade power ?

HW75 upgrade power ?

Hi all,

I read that it is possible to increase the power of the hw75 by adding a shim / washer behind the piston in order to reduce the compression chamber.
    What do you think?
    Thx
    Marc

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    you need to look at reducing headspace.. not much else is going to help, and I doubt there's much anyways.

Buy an Alecto and go with 2 pumps if you want more power..
    Last edited by Shed tuner; 25-11-2020 at 09:54 PM. Reason: typo'd "doubt"
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

I agree with the above... well apart from using the word "doubt" (incorrect spelling ) Just saying
    "Every silver lining has a cloud!"

HW77K, Rapid 7 MKI . HW97Colt GC, S&W 686 (CO2) HW75 . HW100K FSB

You need to get more air in, not less.

And you pretty much can’t.

There’s a reason most reasonably-sized top-lever SSPs (FAS, Gamo, HW75, Nemesis, HW40) all make very similar power levels. It’s physics.

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc of France View Post
    Hi all,

I read that it is possible to increase the power of the hw75 by adding a shim / washer behind the piston in order to reduce the compression chamber.
    What do you think?
    Thx
    Marc
    I can see what you are thinking, it will increase pressure. But it will also reduce volume and I suspect the designers have already located the sweet spot. Of course, you haven't got anything to loose by trying it and reporting back to us.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    ....and for what exactly?

Another few FPS ain't gonna make difference except making it a pig to cock.

You could try what I’ve always thought about trying with mine, but never got around to actually doing:
    Try swapping the barrel for a .22 version from an HW45. .22 is more efficient in a pre charged air gun and you might get a small gain from it?

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy W View Post
    You could try what I’ve always thought about trying with mine, but never got around to actually doing:
    Try swapping the barrel for a .22 version from an HW45. .22 is more efficient in a pre charged air gun and you might get a small gain from it?
    i think the 75 barrel is actually longer than the 45.. but yes, a .20 or .22 might give a fraction more - but not much; the volume is low, so the pressure drop off is sharp..
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

I should give it a try, I have everything I need to hand; HW75, HW45 & CB625 to check it after the swap. But I just never get around to it. My enthusiasm for tinkering around with air guns seems to have evaporated in the last 5 years.
    Interesting point about barrel lengths being different though. I didn't know that.