Thread: single point sight

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

single point sight

hi all,rummaging around in the loft yesterday looking for christmas tree lights came across this.whats it worth if anything please?.its just as it is in the photo,no turret caps no mounts,cheers greasemonkey..
    more guns than you can shake a stick at!

Stick it on the bay as a Star Wars scope and you may well get £100 plus. Its missing its caps.

As an air rifle scope then £35. As a Star Wars prop £100 to £200 depending on condition. Yours is the clear perspex day example so more desirable than the day/night misted version which used to be more expensive.

Many have cracked lenses which the Star Wars guys don't worry too much about. They even print copies.

Certain 4x20 scopes do well too as Star Wars props.

greasemonkey,

My SinglePoint is also missing the caps - in fact, all of the (few) SinglePoints I have seen, in the flesh, in the last twenty (20) years have been missing the caps !

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

singlepoint

I have 7 or 8 of them.

Good luck in getting more than £30 for one and yours sadly is in worse condition than any of mine which were bought for £20-£30. Albeit a good while ago before people cottoned on to the Star War connection.

Having said that, it's been a good few years since I bought the last one so I could be well out of date.

Mentioned in the House of Lords here in 1971....

http://hansard.millbanksystems.com/l...glepoint-sight

I can assure there are some out there that will pay stooooooooopid money for these things. Watched a few on the bay in the last couple of years go for way more than £30, way more!
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by BigDuncs View Post
    I have 7 or 8 of them.

Mentioned in the House of Lords here in 1971....

http://hansard.millbanksystems.com/l...glepoint-sight

I have one from those days complete with caps. Factory fitted to an SLR dust cover. No, I'm not parting with it

The original Star wars guns are coming up for sale next month with the scopes fitted. Starting price of 20k up on saleroom. com
    List your scope on fleabay and sell worldwide. Should fetch £200 to a buyer in the States. I've sold a few there.
    ,AA , Magtech , Arnie, Sako, Ruger . plus the others .

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    Stick it on the bay as a Star Wars scope and you may well get £100 plus. Its missing its caps.

As an air rifle scope then £35. As a Star Wars prop £100 to £200 depending on condition. Yours is the clear perspex day example so more desirable than the day/night misted version which used to be more expensive.

Many have cracked lenses which the Star Wars guys don't worry too much about. They even print copies.

Certain 4x20 scopes do well too as Star Wars props.
    A few years ago I sold (I think) an ASI cheapo 3/4 scope on there, I was expecting a tenner tops and it went for some bonkers amount...I recall I asked on here at the time and learnt about the "Star Wars " effect

ATB, Ed

Quick check of completed listings on that auction site, and a rarer ‘3 lines of text’ rust speckled round nosed one sold for £450.
    Others, including ones without turret caps go for £160-£180.

Who’d have think it?

If I had 7 I’d get listing!

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    Quick check of completed listings on that auction site, and a rarer ‘3 lines of text’ rust speckled round nosed one sold for £450.
    Others, including ones without turret caps go for £160-£180.

Who’d have think it?

If I had 7 I’d get listing!

Matt
    i'm not going to declare what I bought all mine for except to say one of them was £17...... and that was around 2007

Word of warning. If you sell them via fleabay to the States, there border force has a habit of snapping off the clear dome cover to make sure there is no drugs inside. You then end up in a buyer's dispute having to show lots of original photos to prove that the dome was intact when it left the UK and the sticky glue resin is down to the US border force and the buyer's claim is with them.
    When the first one happened, the buyer was ok but with the second one I soon realised where the problem was and what was going on. So take lot's of close up photos of the dome and save them.!!
    I now state the above in my listing so foreign buyer's know the score.
    ,AA , Magtech , Arnie, Sako, Ruger . plus the others .