Thread: Evanix Rainstorm single shot adaptor?

Evanix Rainstorm single shot adaptor?

I picked up a nice Rainstorm bullpup the other week for a bit of lockdown garden fun.

Looking for a single shot mag for it but drawn a blank so far. Nobody seems to make one.
    I've tried the Carm website as they do a lot of printed trays for rifles like FX but they don't list any Evanix rifles.

I think the mags fit several guns in the Evanix range not just the Rainstorm and its bullpup sibling. Not sure which models though.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Love these rifles, had one for a couple of years and put a lot of shots through it without any problems at all - very accurate and quiet.
    I am quite sure the mags are interchangable with the Sniper range of which I also own one.
    I ditched the origonal mags as they were not fool proof when used and ofter mis fed pellets - try Punmatic Balistics for a better option, Iv'e had zero problems with these, I also think you may have issues loading
    with a single shot tray due to the breach / barrel space.

Regards - Nige.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Mate is that you (AdAm) I was talking to on archery exchange ? Pellets vs arrows thread ?
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    Mate is that you (AdAm) I was talking to on archery exchange ? Pellets vs arrows thread ?
    Hi Jon, it is indeed! 4d4m (Adam with 4s)
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Smith100 View Post
    Love these rifles, had one for a couple of years and put a lot of shots through it without any problems at all - very accurate and quiet.
    I am quite sure the mags are interchangable with the Sniper range of which I also own one.
    I ditched the origonal mags as they were not fool proof when used and ofter mis fed pellets - try Punmatic Balistics for a better option, Iv'e had zero problems with these, I also think you may have issues loading
    with a single shot tray due to the breach / barrel space.

Regards - Nige.
    Cheers Nige. The rifle came with one of the original and one pneumatic ballistics. I actually prefer the original to be honest. I don’t like how the pellet being in the holes is what stops the mag rotating against the spring pressure. Seems a recipe for distorted pellets if you ask me.

Regarding the space yes there’s not much for the traditional single shot tray with a trough but there’s plenty for a swing out type like the HW100 or some of those Carm ones.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
    Hi Jon, it is indeed! 4d4m (Adam with 4s)
    ha, small world
    or maybe its just a bloody big internet....
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

@nige

Yes the muzzle report is pretty quiet with the shroud, and virtually silent with a HW mod on the end. The effect is lessened by all the racket next to your ear though. There's no damping with the alloy stock frame and there's quite a bit of ping. It's not unbearable just a bit of a difference from my other PCPs. A depinger wouldn't go amiss and I'm thinking of putting some foam sound deadening material inside the stock.

I've managed to get the trigger from atrocious down to reasonable by making it a single stage, but due to the linkage it's never going to be a match unit. I'm toying with the idea of an electronic setup: switch, electrolytic cap, solenoid. . It would have to be easy to revert to standard though, ie act on the original trigger. I don't want to butcher it.

All this sounds like I have a downer on the rifle. Not true, I love it to bits.

If it helps, here are some pics of a hinge-out loader I've cobbled together for a P15.

One in position and two in production; I was waiting for some 2mm roll pins and a pair of 2mm twist drills were pressed into service.

https://i.imgur.com/Uk30Dzb.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/N6UHT21.jpg
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Wink

Hi Adam,

For further information on moddification it may be worth a work with Ray of AC Guns in Hastings as he was the importer for all thing Evanix although I am not sure if this is still the case.
    I have always found Ray very helpful on the handful of times I have bought from with him.
    I also belive that The Airgun Doctor in Stafford also worked with Ray to get the rifles into U/K trim.
    You are not wrong about the trigger on the Rainstorm which until you fiddle with it is an abomination - but can me adjusted to acceptable.
    It will never be an Edgun (and I can verify this from my own ownership of both) or such like but it will match pellet for pellet acuracy and quietness for a fraction of the price.

Enjoy !

@nigel, thanks for the info.