Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fx have released a new rifle, the Maverick

Fx have released a new rifle, the Maverick

Looks like a cheaper version of the Impact. 2 regs, 600 shots in .22, CF bottle...£1400

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKC64drC0iU
    Last edited by R0B; 27-11-2020 at 01:03 PM.

I would have preferred a bottle fed Wildcat, maybe FX will release one now.
    One shot, one kill. Not luck, just skill.

In other words you’ve all been getting ripped off because the impact has so many seals that may leak so now they have produced a rifle with not so many seals that it might not leak🤷♂️

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    sportsmans were running an ad campaign for them...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

my mate had the mk1 impact nothing but bother with seals going on it

I must admit I watched the video and kinda like the Impact but just thought at the end of it too many points of failure with all the seals. Not a problem if you know what you're doing and can service your own kit, but not something I'd entertain at the mo especially as I don't have my FAC anymore.
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500

they say the new version they have brought out is very good all the problems have been solved

Quote Originally Posted by aj View Post
    I would have preferred a bottle fed Wildcat, maybe FX will release one now.
    They do, the dreampup !

If you need over 250 shots which the mk3 WC delivers the dream pup steps in with that huge bottle.

This maverick is a WC block with a bottle if you dont mind something without a stock ...

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Quote Originally Posted by 32:1 View Post
    They do, the dreampup !

If you need over 250 shots which the mk3 WC delivers the dream pup steps in with that huge bottle.

This maverick is a WC block with a bottle if you dont mind something without a stock ...

Chris
    But the Dreampup has the cocking lever back near your ear hole, not up front. FX already have the stock from the Dreampup to be able to offer a bottle fed Wildcat. I really hoped they would've released it as an option with the MK3, especially as the yanks love their high power.
    One shot, one kill. Not luck, just skill.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Looks good to me, a very portable and light gun which for sub 12fpe would only need the 300cc bottle to give epic shot counts, sound ideal for hunting, but probably not the right gun for target shooting. In saying that, you could probably tune it at under 12fpe to give good consistency which it seemed to lack a little in the high power testing as the Daystate Wolverine looked way better on that front in the graphs they showed.

Cheaper, and less complex than an Impact? Got to be a good thing
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Every gun released by fx is using us as testers. Shocking concidering how much they ask for their guns and how every model released has had problems with cocking or leaking. Id never concider buying an fx.

Sounds ok, hopefully it's all been sorted before being released, otherwise more bad press for them.
    Got 4 FX, but not one was bought just after the model came out - would have liked a mk2 wildcat, but can't justify it, as got the vermy and the cyclone in multi shot, and both of them are 'keepers'

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    Every gun released by fx is using us as testers. Shocking concidering how much they ask for their guns and how every model released has had problems with cocking or leaking. Id never concider buying an fx.
    I thought that same thing until I spent a few hours with a Crown, wow what a rifle and a match for anything Ive owned over the years, it was so nice I bought it and its proving very good indeed to be honest, very light, huge shotcount, extremely accurate with either the .177 or .25 barrel. Ive just bought a wildcat on the strength of it

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

i thought about buying a fx but then got offered a fully tuned p15 for very little money its great

And two regs they can't fit one that works never mind two