Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fx have released a new rifle, the Maverick

Got to resist buying one 🤪😂😂😂😂

Its a shame that so many shooters knock the Impact. Fair enough they are a complicated design but having owned both a Mk1 and now a brand new Mk2 I have personally never had a problem with one. Believe me, I have gotten through an awful lot of shots with no issues. I would comment that the newer barrel and regulator appear to allow additional levels of accuracy though, as a couple of friends also having bought the new version would agree.
    The Maverick is obviously a hybrid between a Mk 3 Wildcat and MK2 Impact after a drunken liaison on the town. I like the idea of two regulators which will obviously help to reduce the loading on an item that has to manage from 250 to about 60 bar air management wise. Yet another member of the ever growing FX family to consider. Well done FX!
    Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Maverick

It appears to me that Sportsman may be profiteering on the sale price. Matt Dubber in the video on the Maverick says it will have a release price of $1400. At approx 1.34 dollars to the pound that works out at near £1050. Not £1530 that the sniper version I was quoted. For a cheaper to produce design , it does not save that much over an Impact.

Some dealers are selling the Mark 11 sniper impact at £1690 and some over £1800. I would think that when stock levels are up a bit and more dealers have them to sell there will be a better deal to be had.

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    Every gun released by fx is using us as testers. Shocking concidering how much they ask for their guns and how every model released has had problems with cocking or leaking. Id never concider buying an fx.
    Sorry but pretty much ALL makers do that and particularly if its a PCP and has a reg..

The Mk1 Impact was definitely bug laden and its sorted. Stop whining about past events which can equally be laid at most other makers doors too.

In addition, FX push the boundaries.... so many shots in FAC..... my air ranger cant touch it.

I always say Never Buy Mk1's unless you want to be be free R&D and that true of ANY gun maker.

The proof of the pudding is to look at the guns that are putting in tight groups at long range and draw that info back to your usage. Competition feeds back tech to the sporting market and the basic standard moves forward.

When you push as hard as FX seem to be, squeezing hundreds of shots where it used to be tens of... wide ability to cover pellets, hybrids and slugs..... not to mention different caibres with 1 power wheel to get the average shooter planting consistantly... hells teeth man..... the future is bright.

I would buy a Mk2 Impact but in FAC as I hunt and target shoot so calibre and projectile switching is my goal. Sub 12 in the UK.... I dont really see so much advantage. But what you do see is the technology back feeding and the improvements appearing in std kit.

IMHO Fx Have made a couple of rushed decisions ESPECIALLY the Impact Mk1 but overall.... bearing in mind how much they push.... they are making far more strides into PCP technology than any other PCP maker I can see.....

Indeed... its fair to say that a lot of their competitors are following their lead..... they wont be doing that if FX were not on the right track.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by KeithS View Post
    And two regs they can't fit one that works never mind two
    Total cock.

Not sure i would ever want to buy a FX they look nice but they perform terribly , i will stick to my old Falcons and Titans thank you and a few others to lol

Quote Originally Posted by steptoe1966 View Post
    Not sure i would ever want to buy a FX they look nice but they perform terribly
    That's a bit harsh, both my FAC MK1 .25 Impact and FAC Mk2 .22 wildcat are superb.
    One shot, one kill. Not luck, just skill.

Not sure i would ever want to buy a FX they look nice but they perform terribly , i will stick to my old Falcons and Titans thank you and a few others to lol
    So you’re saying that but never owned one ?

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Hmm. Someone doesnt know their arse from their elbow lol....

leadpig is offline sheet lead welder extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    my m8s .25 m2 impact is the most accurate airgun i have ever seen, ragged one hole groups at 50m with a variety of different pellets/slugs
    yes i has had some teething problems, but these were down to a assembly error not design error.

it's the same with bsa, people constantly slate them without ever owning them. all the bsa guns i have owned have been flawless, my m8s bsa's have been flawless the only problem i have heard off over here was a bad batch of lightnings which were all instantly swapped by bsa. i have just ordered another .22 ultra as a barn gun because they are compact light and silly accurate

On what basis have you drawn this conclusion? A few threads on forums? As already said the Mk1 impact did have issues - 4 or so years ago......the later ones are generally sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    well said.

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    Every gun released by fx is using us as testers. Shocking concidering how much they ask for their guns and how every model released has had problems with cocking or leaking. Id never concider buying an fx.
    Can you give examples of every model having problem with cocking and leaking? Having owned 4 I can honestly say that that I haven’t had the same experience.

There’s a lot of generalisations in this thread. A bit like daystate of old....please move with the times and support one of the few manufacturers taking our sport forward!

Well said I have a 22 and a 177 Impacts flawless at least they are giving Daystate rest