Thread: Hubertus pistol, what a weird mechanism

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Apparently the Hubertus was preceded by the Jungson:

jungson
    I think it is quite possible that the Snider may be in fact the Jungson, rebranded and distributed by J.N. Oegland.

The early history of the Hubertus, and its transition from the Jungson to the small frame and then the large frame Hubertus is very confused and needs sorting out. Even the original patent by Fritz Jung is different from the commercially made pistols, and does not have the tip-up barrel, a ball pellet being dropped down into the breech though a hole on top of the cylinder.

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    I think it is quite possible that the Snider may be in fact the Jungson, rebranded and distributed by J.N. Oegland.

The early history of the Hubertus, and its transition from the Jungson to the small frame and then the large frame Hubertus is very confused and needs sorting out. Even the original patent by Fritz Jung is different from the commercially made pistols, and does not have the tip-up barrel, a ball pellet being dropped down into the breech though a hole on top of the cylinder.
    Interesting, John. I see the ad Brian posted says the Snider fired round shot.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.