Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Airgun Fill pressure

Quote Originally Posted by Hftmelton View Post
    I looking have a look tomorrow and get too a u
    Great stuff bud, Let us know how you get off,

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Possibly just an extra safety device because the airgun manufacturers will have seen it all. I bet they have lost count of the number of times people send their guns back that have been overfilled. With a 'weak spot', the end filler block popping out before the cylinder ruptures completely, it could save the remainder of the gun and maybe someones life.
    I think I’ve not explained clearly. 300 bar is the test pressure for a 200 bar vessel. In other words it shouldn’t fail. It’s expected to pass. Now some may fail but I’m really not convinced they should fail at 250 or 300 for that matter. If you make a product it should pass the test not fail it.

See what I’m saying?

Recommended fill pressures are just that, and the cylinder will have been tested to withstand way more than the fill pressure however age and water ingress can cause serious weakness that's why its important to use only dry air for scuba use or well filtered/dried air.

The recommended fill pressures are generally the tested pressures that the gun shoots at the desired FPS with the usual curve if unregulated or virtually without if regulated but that's not to say that even a regulated gun will not have a bit of a curve if the reg creeps or if filled to a pressure that's not ideal for the reg even if this is the recommended fill pressure some guns will just work better at a slightly lower fill pressure because of this.

HW Cylinder

[IMG][/IMG]

Description of the elements according to ADR:

1.1 thread of the air cylinder
    1.2 manufacturer
    1.3 serial number
    2.1 operating pressure (bar)
    2.2 test pressure (bar)
    2.3 weight, empty (kg)
    2.4 capacity (l)
    3 date of manufacture (year/month)
    4 gas designation