Thread: Airgun Fill pressure

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Airgun Fill pressure

Hi , might be a silly question , but I got a rotex rm8 varmint uc , it has a 200 cc bottle and its recommended to fill 232 bars, how is this possible, ive been filling to 200, where should i fill it to.

i'm no expert but i think the bottle will have been tested to a higher pressure as will the gauge that reads 232
    but you're right to only fill to 200 as that is what's usually recommended in most cases anyway

I'd go to 200bar on that 👍

All of the above.

The safe working pressure, often PW, is stated on each cylinder. 200cc is the volume yours will store. The RM8 manual recommends 232 bar maximum fill pressure.
    This will give more shots per fill than 200 bar before needing refill at recommend 70 bar. Sorry if talking down but seems you have confused volume with pressure.
    Filling to 200 bar will apply less stress to the cylinder but store fewer shots. Haven't got an RM8 to check cylinder rating so you need to check yours.

Anything with a cylinder I always do 190 bar, Buddy bottle type I always do 200 bar. I just prefer to stay away from the maximum limit.

As others have said 232 is the max fill pressure for your bottle.

You'll have an ideal pressure somewhere up to that.

It's your choice how high you go up to 232 bar.

If you fill at 232 bar you will get more shots, but you may get a power curve on some rifles.

If you fill lower you will get less shots but probably less of a power curve on some rifles.

If you fill really low you'll get even less shots and you'll have less power.

More pressure doesn't always equal more power, and often it doesn't.

So generally with most guns people advise a sweet spot compromise between shot count and power curve. That might be why 200 bar is suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    Anything with a cylinder I always do 190 bar, Buddy bottle type I always do 200 bar. I just prefer to stay away from the maximum limit.
    I thought it was just me.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by tbagtel View Post
    i'm no expert but i think the bottle will have been tested to a higher pressure as will the gauge that reads 232
    but you're right to only fill to 200 as that is what's usually recommended in most cases anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonjon79 View Post
    I'd go to 200bar on that 👍
    Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    As others have said 232 is the max fill pressure for your bottle.

You'll have an ideal pressure somewhere up to that.

It's your choice how high you go up to 232 bar.

If you fill at 232 bar you will get more shots, but you may get a power curve on some rifles.

If you fill lower you will get less shots but probably less of a power curve on some rifles.

If you fill really low you'll get even less shots and you'll have less power.

More pressure doesn't always equal more power, and often it doesn't.

So generally with most guns people advise a sweet spot compromise between shot count and power curve. That might be why 200 bar is suggested.
    Quote Originally Posted by deejayuu View Post
    The safe working pressure, often PW, is stated on each cylinder. 200cc is the volume yours will store. The RM8 manual recommends 232 bar maximum fill pressure.
    This will give more shots per fill than 200 bar before needing refill at recommend 70 bar. Sorry if talking down but seems you have confused volume with pressure.
    Filling to 200 bar will apply less stress to the cylinder but store fewer shots. Haven't got an RM8 to check cylinder rating so you need to check yours.
    I looking have a look tomorrow and get too a u

id fill to 200 bar

Quote Originally Posted by Hftmelton View Post
    Have you been on the happy juice?

All of the above.

Great stuff bud, Let us know how you get off,

Exjacket Guest
    Hi , might be a silly question , but I got a rotex rm8 varmint uc , it has a 200 cc bottle and its recommended to fill 232 bars, how is this possible, ive been filling to 200, where should i fill it to.
    One is the cubic capacity of the bottle and the other is the safe working pressure. They are normally test to a higher working pressure then given a safe working pressure. Mine is an FX Dreamline 200cc cylinder but I can fill to 230 bar. I only ever fill to 210, but that’s just me. Even tough it is reged I prefer to fill lower as shoot count is not my primary concern. Consistent shot string is better for me personally.