Quote Originally Posted by BSFNUT View Post
Looking through the loft for my Tasco custom shop (boxed with christmas tree ret and large sidewheel)

I came across a Leupold 6.5-20 x 40 that has been boosted by Premier Reticles (via Nick Jenkinson) to 14-35 (I think from memory) with 50 ft adaptor in butler creek as was de -riguer in those days. (no box)

What are these both these scopes worth please ?

TIA
Can’t help that much, but I paid about £200 4-6 years ago for a really nice condition (near-BNIB) gloss Leup 6.5-20x40 that has an extra horizontal cross-hair in it and came in a Link Arms/PR box saying it was a 14.5-35 PR jobbie with a No5 ret. Perhaps at some point the PR boosting was removed?

The problem is that I don’t think many people now are looking for these older classic 90s FT scopes. I’m not sure if the added features actually add much value, though they ought to and may well in a decade or two if/when collecting 90s PCP FT rigs has established the same backing that collecting 80s custom springer rigs has.

Same goes for “lesser” Leupolds. Almost everyone, whether powder-burners or air rifle, now seem to want 30mm tubes, SF, IR, “sniper” turrets, mil-spec somewhere in the description and maybe some pic rail on top for a thermal imager or laser target designator or something tacticool. Even if shooting bunnies at 30 metres.

Which means, in the right place at the right time, old Leups are bloody good value. I’ve paid as little as £60-80 for fully functional and cosmetically OK Leups in really unfashionable formats like 4x28, 4x33 and even 6x40.

I recognise that’s not great news for a seller.

Oddly, whenever I mention that I own the 6.5-20x40 above, or that I also own a near-BNIB factory-standard matte 6.5-20x40, neither of which I’ve yet got round to mounting on a rifle, I always get a PM or two offering to buy. Still not for sale, chaps.

Were I you, I’d stick it up for £350-400 and see what bites you get.