Quote Originally Posted by Captain Zero View Post
"If by any chance the Leupold needs a service and is sent back to Leupold then they return it to a factory 6.5-20"

Sorry but that is wrong. I have been in touch with Leupold Custom Shop who do the conversions - ie. new reticles installs.

They point blank refuse to have anything to do with "Premier Reticle" converted scopes any more.

They wont even entertain removing the booster. They also have limited spares for the older 25mm / 1" tubes.

I offered to pay Full price for a new reticle to be installed in my 18-40x40 EFR in 1st Focal Plane - not interested.

And when I mentioned my, Premier Reticle Converted Leupold & Stevens - L&S Ultra 20x M1A which was the forerunner to the Mk4 - that was when they really lost it, demanding the Serial Number and how I got an Export License to get it out of the USA.

Didn't go well.

So if you are going to buy one then bear it in mind - if it breaks you may have problems getting it sorted.

Mark.
That’s worrying. Though I can sort of see why they might not work on modified items.

I also had an exchange with the U.K. importer a couple of years ago about fixing a 3-9x32, and they were having ITAR problems sending them back and forth to the US. Don’t know if that’s now been resolved.