Thread: fx typhoon t12

leadpig is offline sheet lead welder extraordinaire

fx t12

does anyone have one of these, cant find much info on them, reliability, shot count accuracy etc
    looking at either a t12 or a ultra se, completely different i know lol but worth the same roughly, i have had a ultra and liked it but no idea on the fx, i also cant try first over here
    tia dave

edited as its the t12 not typhoon info i wanted
    Last edited by leadpig; 28-11-2020 at 06:02 PM.

I had a walnut stocked Typhoon a few years back, not the t12 version. From memory it was very accurate and good shot count, plus lightweight. A bit different, not many about, I would definitely have the t12 version for the right money.
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Take a look at "the most accurate airgun" thread, my single shot version was amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Take a look at "the most accurate airgun" thread, my single shot version was amazing!
    who's thread was it

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by leadpig View Post
    who's thread was it

Lazy arse!

premierpistol is offline Six out of seven dwarfs aren't happy

T12, T12 Whisper, Typhoon and Logun Solo

After owning at least 8 of these in various guises over the last 10 or so years, I can vouch they are a great rifle.

The first of them made available was the Logun Solo, solo meaning single shot. they were fitted with a cylinder that had a quite new (at the time) valving system which is referred to as IVAR (Inline Valve And Receiver) these valves meant the cylinders could be unscrewed and removed from the action block and swapped out for another should you so wish and also, all the seals are so easy to replace.
    The power control was regulated by a floating hammer system to reduce the wasting of air by "jetting". The barrels used were a good quality Lothar Walther barrel on the earlier models but the last few years, they have been fitted with the Smooth Twist options. Personally, I would go for the LW barrel in .177 as I found the .177ST a complete POS for accuracy in .22 however, they were much the same as the LW offering.

After Logan was finished off, FX continued to make these rifles and sold it i exactly the same format under their name of the FX Typhoon. to keep up with the customers wishes of a multi-shot version, they soon released the Typhoon T12 models which had a new style, self indexing magazine. 12 shot in .22 and 16 shot in .177
    apart from a narrower and deeper slot to accept the magazine, they are otherwise identical to the previous models.
    Next was a new version in the T12 Whisper, these were offered with a fully shrouded barrel and a new designed valve block for the cylinder which was made offset to accomodate the barrel shroud. these are the only ones that stocks and cylinders cannot be swapped around.

I would go for the T12 standard version with a nice wood stock over the synthetic stock version, fit a HW moderator to the 1/2" UNF threaded barrel and enjoy quiet accuracy and over 100 shots per fill in .22 or 80+ in .177

I still have an old Logun Solo that has been modified to take a Rapid 7 mag and convered to .25 for a rat splatter. It's rough and ready but after years of service and abuse. never fails.

I moved onto the FX Cyclones after swapping for my last T12 Whisper as I liked the look of the cocking lever over the bolt, they are not too disimilar in performance, just a little nicer to cock but have a smaller 8 shot magazine as standard. Mine again has been converted to take the T12 mags

cheers

t12/typhoon

My typhoon does around 70 shots per charge (190 bar). Reduce fill to 170 bar and you get 50 good shots suitable for hft etc. My friend has the t12 which is similar in terms of performance. Mine had one of the early smooth twist barrels which was ok to say 40/45 yards with the right pellets but useless 50 yards plus. So I put a HW barrel on it mainly because in SWEFTA we shoot HFT to 55 yards. Personally for the £200 I paid for it (2nd hand) with good groups out to 40 yards I think it represents good value for money. It's not as good as my S400 but it was 2/5 of the price. If you are shooting rats at 30 yards, for example, it will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    i meant it was my thread lol

Quote Originally Posted by egghead View Post
    My typhoon does around 70 shots per charge (190 bar). Reduce fill to 170 bar and you get 50 good shots suitable for hft etc. My friend has the t12 which is similar in terms of performance. Mine had one of the early smooth twist barrels which was ok to say 40/45 yards with the right pellets but useless 50 yards plus. So I put a HW barrel on it mainly because in SWEFTA we shoot HFT to 55 yards. Personally for the £200 I paid for it (2nd hand) with good groups out to 40 yards I think it represents good value for money. It's not as good as my S400 but it was 2/5 of the price. If you are shooting rats at 30 yards, for example, it will be fine.
    Strange that, my smooth twist typhoon is good out to 55 yards, (and will take a 'full fill' of 200 bar staying accurate through), but I only get about 40 shots from a fill.