Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pro scammer - don't get caught out

Pro scammer - don't get caught out

To add to the ever growing 'scumbag scammer' christmas List, I’ve just been taken for £200 by a lad who goes by the name of Daniel James. He was advertising a gun on Gunwatch. An HW77 in .22. Ad is now been taken down by Gunwatch.

His email for my transactions was jasdalgoy@gmail.com

On other threads within this forum, it appears he uses a number of pseudonyms all of which are registered to metro bank.

Neil Coles
    colnelpal@gmail.com

also

G Daniel James
    godanjam@gmx.com

I contacted gunwatch who have banned him and are putting me in touch with someone else who has been scammed for us to pool our knowledge. Gunwatch are also handing details to the police.

He has also been actively scamming on racecarsdirect.com and he has banned him and given me an IP address of 85.203.46.54.

His mobile numbers are 07782988474 and 07782988474

The address on the Gunwatch ad was Romney Marsh Kent.

It smarts a bit to be scammed (pride alone!), particularly this close to Christmas. Anything we can do to gather our collective intel and hand to the police the better. Interesting link below to a scammer database. If anyone has anything to add.

https://user.xmission.com/~daina/known_scammers.html

So I am still looking for a nice Mark 1 HW77!

If the publishing of any of this information compromises forum rules, mods please the thread. But I hope you understand why it is necessary to publish certain details to prevent further fraud.
    https://www.walnut.black

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    So if we each send a cheery message to his e-mail addresses and to his phones.....trouble is they are traceable so perhaps not.
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

its getting worse with scammers these days

Three adverts i have posted have been copied and used in scams, its really sickening.

its sad to think people have to do these things,to honest hard working people

Sad news indeed but surely common sense says f2f unless you know them

I hope you get sorted

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

He's not a Pro scammer, just another little sh1t

evil bast++d

Sorry to hear this, Geoff. Thanks for searching this reprobate out in very robust fashion and flagging him up to the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by 32:1 View Post
    Sad news indeed but surely common sense says f2f unless you know them

I hope you get sorted

Chris
    Aye, a very cautious and safe approach but if we all subscribed to that, only, there would be very little changing hands anywhere, this forum included. Every once in a while you have to take a chance and buy from distance.

the thing is its hard to do face to face deals with travelling with everything going on at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by p.j. View Post
    Three adverts i have posted have been copied and used in scams, its really sickening.
    Posted where ?
    Only members see sales on here, same on most sites, so it narrows down who sees them.
    help yourself by having your details prominent in sales pics, & if you use a photo host site use the privacy settings & keep a separate album for online sites.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Posted where ?
    Only members see sales on here, same on most sites, so it narrows down who sees them.
    help yourself by having your details prominent in sales pics, & if you use a photo host site use the privacy settings & keep a separate album for online sites.
    Possibly on the the other forum. Lots of the scam ads pics are being lifted from it . The scammer is lifting the pics and description from there.

They are cutting out the user name and date that they insist on from the pics .

You have to be a member on there to view sales too.

One scammer recently admitting to scamming and admitted he was a member of the that forum.

Some of the pics have been stolen from the sections that need no membership either like general airgun on here. You can view it with out being a member.

Antoni is offline There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
    Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    the thing is its hard to do face to face deals with travelling with everything going on at the moment
    Therefore don't buy or sell at the moment. Enjoy what you've got.

I am following my own advice.
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2

Truly gutted for you, Geoff.
    Always seems to happen to the good guys in life - I hope you can resolve it in some way, mate.
    Very best - Craig
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation