Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quietening down an Air Arms Combat help !

Put about 100 pellets through her today and she is really shooting well now ! the foam in the stock has 100% killed the plastic sound box noise. I liked it, but love it now they should have spent a few more quid at design...it is so close to being really good!!
    Anyway teenage yearning to have one now satisfied

I remember bringing my AR7 (Combat) to a HFT shoot years ago. People thought there was a rimfire on the course until they realised it was me 😁

Lovely airguns and sounds you are loving yours 👍

Regards
    Paddy
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    I remember bringing my AR7 (Combat) to a HFT shoot years ago. People thought there was a rimfire on the course until they realised it was me 😁
    which is exactly why I recomended against fitting a moderator - this just has to be a noisy gun - I mean, it's not exactly subtle is it ?
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    which is exactly why I recomended against fitting a moderator - this just has to be a noisy gun - I mean, it's not exactly subtle is it ?
    Yes indeed, when I do shoot it in my garden though. I do make sure the Mrs is out and the neighbours are not in their gardens either 😉😁
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Yes indeed, when I do shoot it in my garden though. I do make sure the Mrs is out and the neighbours are not in their gardens either 😉😁
    It is a hell of a crack !

Quote Originally Posted by hellsquad View Post
    It is a hell of a crack !
    Yeah, sure is, however I'm so used to it. I don't notice 😁
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Quote Originally Posted by hellsquad View Post
    was going to try expanding!! had not considered it could break the stock...doh...I could brace it correctly. I really fancy expanding as it would fill void very well and should be the best way... and light !!
    Oh shall I try it and let you know LOL !! It is near mint and do not want to break it........oh but the challenge !

As for the PTFE... ha ha, yea will give it a miss

Cheers
    These run an o-ring anyway. Also take a close up of how the trigger parts are installed as they can be a real pain to put back.