Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone exported an airgun lately (by post/mail)?

anyone exported an airgun lately (by post/mail)?

Anyone exported an airgun to Europe lately? How did it go?
    More fuzz/trouble than before cause of nearing Brexit?
    ATB,
    yana

Heard its not possible now as couriers just won't take them iam not 100% on this.

Dave.

Seems ok from over there to here, Doorstep delivery to, Took 4 days. Both were from shops not sure how a private sale would go though.

Quote Originally Posted by DM80 View Post
    Heard its not possible now as couriers just won't take them iam not 100% on this.

Dave.
    I bought a Vulcan without barrel from a member on here back around 2010. Parcelforce 48(?) said no problem, but the tracking mysteriously stopped at the export terminal at the airport in the UK. The company will not take responsibility, even after a claim was filed.

People have sent me airgun parts from the UK via Royal Mail without any problems after that, the latest was just some months ago.
    But the parts have to be below 60cm in length.
    So if the airgun can be shipped in parts through several shipments, it could probably be possible.

Importing to the UK is easy, Export from the UK is a PITA because of our rules.
    ParcelForce48 rules prohibit international mail.
    Royal Mail rules allow international mail but has the size limit.

I know what the couriers think about it. Ive had several airguns sent to me over the years without any issues.
    I just want to know if anything has changed in the way they handle packages recently do to Brexit.
    ATB,
    yana

Thats great to know!
    Any special information needed to get them to ship airguns safely?

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I had an HW80 posted to me via PF. I had it stripped and put into two parcels so neither contained "a gun".

Quote Originally Posted by louisvanhovell View Post
    Just received two airguns from Notthinghamshire.
    Always Parcelforce. Never any issues. Cost 56 pounds, but it arrived within four days.
    Also received two other airguns last week from the UK, no problems whatsoever either.
    I am trying to get as much stuff from the UK now, as things might change after December.
    Just because people have done it, & got away with it does not mean it conforms with their rules
    Attached are the PF rules, check arms & ammunition - low powered air weapons

https://www.parcelforce.com/help-and...d-restrictions

That rules of a company dont allow it doesnt make it illegal. It legally ís allowed to export airguns afaik.
    That couriers dont wánt it, is purely covering up; to prevent liability. Nothing more, nothing less. And it ís understandable from their point of view.
    Good news Louis that you still managed to get some out of the UK recently.
    Allthough Im NEVEREVER gonna use PF again. Last time I used them, stock was broken. And not just split, it was literally in 2 pieces..
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    Anyone exported an airgun to Europe lately? How did it go?
    More fuzz/trouble than before cause of nearing Brexit?
    Cheshire gun rooms are known to help in exporting rifles abroad give them a bell.

By the way, according to RMs own rules, its allowed:

Guns for sporting use:
    International - Allowed in the mail, see restrictions and packaging guidelines below:
    Guns intended for sporting purposes - including Section 1 and Section 2 firearms, low-powered air guns and their component parts - may be sent in compliance with UK law and subject to applicable export controls on the shipment of firearms.
    Items that appear to be prohibited weapons may be subject to additional checks and delays.
    Guns must not be loaded.
    Air weapons with an integral gas cylinder that are de-pressurised can only be accepted. Air weapons with gas cylinders that are pressurised are prohibited
    Air weapons with a pressurised removable gas cylinder which is still attached are prohibited
    Sender's name and address must be visible on the parcel.
    Must be packed in rigid outer packaging suitable for the gun size and weight, for example a fibreboard box, with sufficient inner packaging to prevent movement during transport.

Thanks for the Cheshire gunroom tip btw. Ive mailed them too. Curious what they say
    Last edited by hwtyger; 06-12-2020 at 08:24 AM.
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by sandyman1963 View Post
    Cheshire gun rooms are known to help in exporting rifles abroad give them a bell.
    £222 admin/posting charge for an air rifle,they state a mountain of paperwork.....

EU parcel

Very valid question . Nearing me retirement I thought to post one of my last rarer Titans away to France .
    As a guy from your neck of the woods ( no offence implied to you Yana ) seems actively buying similar from members here with apparent ease and zero difficulty , I naturally asked him how as I wanted to arrange a parcel .
    Of vital importance is what specific service can be used which I asked .
    He said he did not know , could not remember as he did not have the box with carrier delivery label and when I politely asked if he would ask his UK mate who handles all his posting from the UK , he would not help stating " I cannot help you any further " ????.
    He then went silent ignoring my last message ??? Very Nice !
    Yana - how does the phrase " Pi-- Poor " translate into Dutch ?
    I certainly would not try sending one my rare Titans or anything for that matter to Holland now , but people are obviously still doing so .

Parcels

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    I bought a Vulcan without barrel from a member on here back around 2010. Parcelforce 48(?) said no problem, but the tracking mysteriously stopped at the export terminal at the airport in the UK. The company will not take responsibility, even after a claim was filed.

People have sent me airgun parts from the UK via Royal Mail without any problems after that, the latest was just some months ago.
    But the parts have to be below 60cm in length.
    So if the airgun can be shipped in parts through several shipments, it could probably be possible.

Think the operative word here and you have used it is AIRPORT .
    Everything is scanned if going onto a plane .
    As Yana has said , rules and regs don't amount to squat unless your box is scanned .
    By a lorry is much safer .
    But what service to use ?